Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

3 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Fiddling around with the colour way and It's basically 5 options, that could have their own minor tweaks, such as E/F 

Asset-5.png

A. What we got
B. The logical fix
C. The other logical fix
D. Another Logical fix
E. People liked the Gold mono colour in the vid, so just wanted to see it on claret 
F. Blue mono colour to make it 6

For me,

C is in the bin for the wiff of wet Spam it has.
F is in the bin for being invisible
D is less invisible, but it might as well be.. in the bin 
E does look great and it really pops off the claret, but it really is a massive detour on our tradition colours, so in the bin... sorry
Now it's A or B
Hummmm has to be B, it doesn't pop as much a A, but it ties up nicely with our colour scheme and contrasts well

Fun fact for everyone. 
the gold in C and E is the same colour as the “yellow” in A

• Like 2
  • Shocked 2

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Fun fact for everyone. 

Yeah, any chance you could do A but with actual gold colour to see it that would salvage it? Maybe make the star & 1874 gold too

24 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Fun fact for everyone. 

I think C would be the best version of that badge.  Some people say it wouldn’t stand out in a claret shirt, but the wet spam badge does find on claret background 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Fiddling around with the colour way and It's basically 5 options, that could have their own minor tweaks, such as E/F 

Asset-5.png

A. What we got
B. The logical fix
C. The other logical fix
D. Another Logical fix
E. People liked the Gold mono colour in the vid, so just wanted to see it on claret 

For me,

E does look great and it really pops off the claret, but it really is a massive detour on our tradition colours, so in the bin... sorry
Now it's A or B
Hummmm has to be B, it doesn't pop as much a A, but it ties up nicely with our colour scheme and contrasts well

Thanka for doing this. Have to say B D and F do not look aston villa to me. They look very west ham and burnley. E is probably my favourite but it wouldnt look right on a home kit i think. Only A and C work on a home kit i think

6 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Asset-5.png

A. What we got
B. The logical fix
C. The other logical fix
D. Another Logical fix

For me,

Now it's A or B

A in gold not yellow solves a lot for me … 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Can't speak for anyone else but for me I can't shake the feeling that this feels like a place holder badge that will not be around for that many years. Minimum effort put in and a design they know is flawed (hence the drop shadow "to make it pop")

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure why, but I thought the fan made badges would stop once the official badge was released.

I think there would have been more chance of fan designs ceasing if the club had produced a badge design which didn’t closely resemble a version of the Lerner badge supporters have been critical of for over ten years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Asset-5.png

A. What we got
B. The logical fix
C. The other logical fix
D. Another Logical fix

For me,

Now it's A or B

I think C i really nice! Best of the lot.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I can't get over the fecking letters being out of line with the point of shield and it's going to piss me off for the next 20 years

I've only just noticed that. The bottom of the N and V are cut off. How the **** did that get past quality control? 

3OWsGH2.jpeg

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

How the **** did that get past quality control?

Bold assumption that there was any.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I've only just noticed that. The bottom of the N and V are cut off. How the **** did that get past quality control? 

3OWsGH2.jpeg

Lol, QC. 

0% chance that happened.

8 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

3OWsGH2.jpeg

part of the font design, the top of the A is "cut off" too

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Nope, that's just how the font is, setting it on a curved path doesn't cut anything off. That's just not how it works.

I dont think you're right about that. Every letter, top and bottom, has the spiky flared bit at the ends, except the bottom right hand side of the N and the bottom of the V. Look at the top left side of the N, has the spiky bit.

They've been cut off, clearly.

Ux8KrP9.jpeg

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

part of the font design, the top of the A is "cut off" too

The right A yes. The left A has the spikes. The two As are different.

Edit - I'm wrong. That is indeed the font style. Very strange. Still don't understand why the As are different though.

Edited by R.Bear
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I dont think you're right about that. Every letter, top and bottom, has the spiky flared bit at the ends, except the bottom right hand side of the N and the bottom of the V. Look at the top left side of the N, has the spiky bit.

They've been cut off, clearly.

Ux8KrP9.jpeg

The right A yes. The left A has the spikes. The two As are different.

Edit - I'm wrong. That is indeed the font style. Very strange. Still don't understand why the As are different though.

Yeah, I don't make font faces so I can't tell you the reasoning, I know it is a very skilled area of design though, and they use all kinds of tricks to balance each character against the others to account for the thousands of different combinations that can possibly occur. It can also take an incredibly long time to create a really good one from scratch which is likely why we've gone with something that was already out there.

Can we not just move from this now? This is it, it’s OK not earth shattering one way or another, but after a little I think I now prefer it to the round one last season. The star is my only complaint, but this will be the logo for 5-10 years (unless we win the Champions League next season 👍🏻).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

First time today I’ve really studied the other teams badges in real detail and ours isn’t the best but also isn’t the worst by far… Never really appreciated how shit these 3 are for example - I mean whatever that is holding the flag on the toon badge looks like it’s wearing a black face and what’s with the merhorses. Chelsea’s badge has a drop shadow and the man its colour scheme I never noticed the orange before … 

IMG_0136.png

IMG_0135.png

IMG_0134.png

IMG_0137.png

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, thabucks said:

First time today I’ve really studied the other teams badges in real detail and ours isn’t the best but also isn’t the worst by far… Never really appreciated how shit these 3 are for example - I mean whatever that is holding the flag on the toon badge looks like it’s wearing a black face and what’s with the merhorses. Chelsea’s badge has a drop shadow and the man its colour scheme I never noticed the orange before … 

IMG_0136.png

IMG_0135.png

IMG_0134.png

IMG_0137.png

Man U one is ok I think, yeah the other two are shite.

I keep saying that my main bother on ours at this points is the white 1874 and star.

As aatter of tact, even just removinf the start would help.

Ours defonstands out though.

Â