Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

6 hours ago, R.Bear said:

Absolutely. Wolves and Arsenal have by far the best badges in the league and perfect modern designed.

Arsenal's especially. The name and the cannon, everything you need to know. No founding year that no-one gives a shit about. No bullshit latin motto. No overly detailed heritage image. No nonsense star.

It isn't complicated creating a good badge. We're just dogshit at it.

I've always thought Arsenal's crest was a massive downgrade on their 90's version but definitely agree with you on Wolves. I would put Forest alongside them.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, R.Bear said:

How about these?

Ny8P9Il.jpegiIpygxm.jpeg

Only reason i dont like it is because it looks too qest ham/burnley for me

I think it will look crap on home kits due to the colouring too unfortunately.  But good effort 👌 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

I just hope we keep it.

We could have done without badge-gate and the divisions it created.

At the end of the day it is understandable that people like me, who liked the original change we made, are a bit pissed that they switched back to the original concept 12 months later. Surely we can all agree they handled it badly and have rubbed some up the wrong way (no Carry on pun intended!)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

I wasn't the biggest fan of the new badge.

But seeing hundreds and hundreds of designs on this thread, each one having numerous posters complain about details of those, I decided that there is no perfect solution.

The new badge is, overall, a Villa recognisable symbol. 

And considering everyone will have a problem with some small detail, that is good enough for me. 

You are right that the new badge is more recognisable as Villa.The round one, voted for by fans, gets a lot of comments from neutrals that it is just a copy of the Chelsea badge.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, R.Bear said:

Absolutely. Wolves and Arsenal have by far the best badges in the league and perfect modern designed.

Arsenal's especially. The name and the cannon, everything you need to know. No founding year that no-one gives a shit about. No bullshit latin motto. No overly detailed heritage image. No nonsense star.

I give far more of a shit about our prestigious 150 year history that very very few world clubs can enjoy than some shitty drop shadow or a shade of yellow. 

Edited by Steero113

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, R.Bear said:

The most iconic designs tend to be very simple but unique. Think Apple or Nike. We seem to be trying to chuck to many colours and design elements in the mix and it ends up looking a bit of a mess.

In terms of will designed football logos, I'd add the spurs one in there as well. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

Fiddling around with the colour way and It's basically 5 options, that could have their own minor tweaks, such as E/F 

Asset-5.png

A. What we got
B. The logical fix
C. The other logical fix
D. Another Logical fix
E. People liked the Gold mono colour in the vid, so just wanted to see it on claret 
F. Blue mono colour to make it 6

For me,

C is in the bin for the wiff of wet Spam it has.
F is in the bin for being invisible
D is less invisible, but it might as well be.. in the bin 
E does look great and it really pops off the claret, but it really is a massive detour on our tradition colours, so in the bin... sorry
Now it's A or B
Hummmm has to be B, it doesn't pop as much a A, but it ties up nicely with our colour scheme and contrasts well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Fiddling around with the colour way and It's basically 5 options, that could have their own minor tweaks, such as E/F 

Asset-5.png

A. What we got
B. The logical fix
C. The other logical fix
D. Another Logical fix
E. People liked the Gold mono colour in the vid, so just wanted to see it on claret 

For me,

E does look great and it really pops off the claret, but it really is a massive detour on our tradition colours, so in the bin... sorry
Now it's A or B
Hummmm has to be B, it doesn't pop as much a A, but it ties up nicely with our colour scheme and contrasts well

Great effort, shows the difficulties the designers were working with.

Of those, I think A is still the better option, the hated drop shadow doing it's job to make the lion pop and provide definition at readable distance. I think the B 2 main colour badge also looks a bit bland, especially on a claret shirt. Burnley have gone for white on claret and that definitely doesn't scale well

To avoid a drop shadow the lion could be outlined in claret or even black, but I don't know how practical that would be from a production standpoint, or we could use the detailed heritage lion.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Asset-5.png

A. What we got
B. The logical fix
C. The other logical fix
D. Another Logical fix

For me,

Now it's A or B

I would actually say C is the best and **** West Ham.

I kind of have an issue with comparing everything on a claret background when white will be the most common besides our home shirt. Along those lines, I was considering the benefits of just having a monochrome badge that would be claret by default in the media (on a white background) and on the away shirt, then gold or blue on the home shirt (your E and F), and gold on a black third kit for example.

Biggest issue would be getting over not having our "default" badge on the home shirt, but it would have to be considered as a more fluid colour than fixed.

5 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I kind of have an issue with comparing everything on a claret background when white will be the most common besides our home shirt.

As true as that is, the primary usage is the shirt badge and club logo. What will more often than not be on a claret or blue background. 

28 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Asset-5.png

A. What we got
B. The logical fix
C. The other logical fix
D. Another Logical fix

For me,

Now it's A or B

For me, this just shows why A is the worst one.  Any of the B,D or F is fine, C is quite nice even though there isn’t enough blue.  E is my fifth choice, a long way back and then sixth is A, the abomination we now have

11 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

As true as that is, the primary usage is the shirt badge and club logo. What will more often than not be on a claret or blue background. 

Is that the primary use though? When badges were first put on shirts yes, but nowadays I'm not so sure.

46 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Asset-5.png

The selection here illustrates a pretty amusing point in that the worst of all of them (IMO) is our actual badge. Brilliant :lol:

I think the rest look pretty good. I'm especially drawn to C for some reason.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Asset-5.png

A. What we got
B. The logical fix
C. The other logical fix
D. Another Logical fix

For me,

Now it's A or B

Am sorry, I remain not the biggest fan of our new badge, but of those 6 efforts it is considerably the best IMO.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 2

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Asset-5.png

A. What we got
B. The logical fix
C. The other logical fix
D. Another Logical fix

For me,

Now it's A or B

Interesting to see these options.  FWIW I agree with your conclusions on F and D.  There is a time and place for E but not as our main badge.  B is my least favourite.  So I'm down to A or C.  I think C is my favourite but the issue is the possible similarity to West Ham.  I think it highlights to me that I really like the yellow/gold lion a lot more than blue or claret.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Asset-5.png

A. What we got
B. The logical fix
C. The other logical fix
D. Another Logical fix

For me,

Now it's A or B

I like B, but some might say the lion is "missing". It almost looks like a void space where a lion should be. 

not wanting to be confrontational or anything, but I quite like the new badge. It looks like Aston Villa. I'm looking forward to seeing this badge as it is this season, then next season we can bicker about how the second star makes the badge look lop-sided.

• Like 4

Â