Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

Just now, ThunderPower_14 said:

The badge image on the website is a vector image, an SVG. How at looks at each size is dependent on the browser/device you're viewing it on and it's ability to render vectors in various sizes.

It’s still going to constrained by the header size, but and easy solution is increase the header size  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Not trying to be @rsey but why do we care?

The squad, ST, FFP, stadium rebuild etc. are all more pressing concerns 

Yeah, I am disappointed but it is way down my priority list. By far the most concerning thing for me is how clear it is from the last FAB that we aren't going to see any major redevelopment for the next 3 years. I Don't see how we bridge the gap to the rich clubs without 

Edited by Captain_Townsend

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Wolves have got one of the best badges in all of football to be honest. Unique shape, unique colours, one elements that says the name of the team without text.

Shit club but everything you want in a crest.

Absolutely. Wolves and Arsenal have by far the best badges in the league and perfect modern designed.

Arsenal's especially. The name and the cannon, everything you need to know. No founding year that no-one gives a shit about. No bullshit latin motto. No overly detailed heritage image. No nonsense star.

It isn't complicated creating a good badge. We're just dogshit at it.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I've just knocked this up. This to me is much nicer than the crap we have now. Simple and without the star and name which I dont think work, not in that format.

83VoEsj.jpeg

Or even this.

mKVJ58I.jpeg

Edited by R.Bear
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Absolutely. Wolves and Arsenal have by far the best badges in the league and perfect modern designed.

Arsenal's especially. The name and the cannon, everything you need to know. No founding year that no-one gives a shit about. No bullshit latin motto. No overly detailed heritage image. No nonsense star.

It isn't complicated creating a good badge. We're just dogshit at it.

I get the Wolves admiration but Arsenal’s is pretty crap imo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I've just knocked this up. This to me is much nicer than the crap we have now. Simple and without the star and name which I dont think work, not in that format.

83VoEsj.jpeg

Just highlights how crap the lion, drop shadow and yellow on blue is.

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I get the Wolves admiration but Arsenal’s is pretty crap imo.

I’m not a fan either. 
The cannon is fine, so is just having “Arsenal”

but the 2000s 3d effect shield, just noo

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Just highlights how crap the lion, drop shadow and yellow on blue is.

How about these?

Ny8P9Il.jpegiIpygxm.jpeg

Edited by R.Bear
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

How about these?

Ny8P9Il.jpeg

A lot of fans would love this, particularly the colour scheme. However, drop this on a claret background and… it’s a tad muted

Edited by CarryOnVilla

37 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

A lot of fans would love this, particularly the colour scheme. However, drop this on a claret background and… it’s a tad muted

Yeah but apart from the home shirt there isn’t very often it’s on a claret background ie league tables, news reports, signage, away,/third/GK shirts….generally most media stuff.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

How about these?

Ny8P9Il.jpegiIpygxm.jpeg

If you had the club name in there as well following the curve of the shield. Maybe Aston above the lion and villa below or on one line, if you downsized the lion, then that would be all that's needed.

Edited by Made In Aston

3 hours ago, numbersix said:

that isn't a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing on your phone, it's an expanded grab of part of what's on the screen of your phone, so obviously it degrades when you present it like this. The logo/web asset isn't designed for zooming in on a phone web browser and I'm not sure why anyone would want to (and I don't think you actually can)

Im looking at it on my phone. Right now. And it looks exactly like it does on that screenshot. 

3 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

Not trying to be @rsey but why do we care?

It is what it is now and on each page our focus will be on the content, so not sure in 3 months that we'll be looking at the badge being pixilated or not.

The squad, ST, FFP, stadium rebuild etc. are all more pressing concerns 

It’s not either or. 

It’s not like we can’t have a nice badge because those things are more important. 

Frankly im sick of people saying we shouldn’t care because other things are more important. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I’ve just gone on the website to see what the furore is about… tested out the zoom in and I got the below. Looks fine to me - not pixelated. 

IMG-5081.png

It’s fine when you zoom in. 

It’s when it’s shrunk down to a smaller size that’s the issue

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ingers said:

Is it therefore more disappointing that when football matters are the best for over a generation, the branding is (subjectively - as is the point of a forum!) so far below what this great club should demand going into its 150th year as founders of the whole league and back into the top tier of European Football?

This thread is for debate over the brand and crest - should we not want every aspect of our club to be the best it can be?  Should there not be posts elsewhere about the North Stand, GA+ pushing out 'regular' fans, the ticket selling issues etc?

Lets aim for excellence everywhere - Unai gets it, do Ben,Chris and Doris the designer?

Fair enough, in all honesty guess I shouldn’t be posting in this thread as I’m just not that fussed about our branding or our crest.

Maybe I’m less sophisticated than those keeping this thread at the top of the page, in my eyes the branding compared to other top teams is more or less on equal footing. I certainly have never thought about how any logo looks zoomed in.

As for aiming for excellence, I don’t work for the team and I won’t ever kick a ball for them either. It would make me miserable to ruminate on the areas of off field failing without having any capacity to impact them, I just choose to focus on what happens on the field of play, and luckily enough, lately, that keeps me in pretty high spirits. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Im looking at it on my phone. Right now. And it looks exactly like it does on that screenshot. 

That’s a screenshot from your phone’s browser of a full webpage on avfc.co.uk? Which page? What’s the url? 

6 minutes ago, numbersix said:

That’s a screenshot from your phone’s browser of a full webpage on avfc.co.uk? Which page? What’s the url? 

No it’s a screenshot of the top left corner of the homepage.  Yes it’s zoomed in a bit but it still looks exactly like it does when you go on it 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It'll look a little bit different on various devices based on resolution and settings, but yeah that's exactly how it looks to me on a 4k screen. I wouldn't have taken a screenshot of it if it didn't look ridiculous

Edited by Davkaus

Â