Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Look at the state of it on the OS :D Lovely and compressed so the border looks a right bloody mess.

ulxcVDQ.png

that's not the state of it though - that's a low resolution screenshot of a section of the page, so isn't what we actually see. I'm looking at it right now on my laptop and it's fine

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The scalability doesn't bother me. The badge on the website is a vector, zoom in and it gets clearer. I think every other badge in the premier league does the same effectively, they'll pixelated in certain areas at a very small size. 

What I was reminded of while looking at all the premier league badges at small sizes is that a yellow lion on a sky blue background lacks contrast and looks washed out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

a yellow lion on a sky blue background lacks contrast and looks washed out. 

What?? Well why hasn't this come up before now!!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Tbf, I can’t see why there’s isn’t scalable versions. 

at that size, drop the double line for 1

smaller, drop the “Aston Villa” and reposition the lion

smaller than that, just have the lion or shield alone. 

I suspect that might be one of the evolutions that occur.  First off make sure that everyone is familiar with the main version and then once that's done have a closer look at specific issues (large and small scale) and adjust as required.  I wonder, if they had done what you suggest to start with, how many people might have said "ah look we've already got four different versions of the "badge".   I think it would have been neater to do what you suggest but can see why we might evolve there.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Dude, I’m not fighting you here. If you want examples the exact same pixelated edges issue as we have, then yes there’s not any I found until the C Teams

Yet, most badges have scaling issues, some unique to them and some of the same as other badges. My solution to our problem is to either drop the outside line at that size or increase it’s gap so there’s room for more pixels 

That’s cool. I was just pointing out you were confusing two different things. Which you’ve agreed you were 

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, numbersix said:

that's not the state of it though - that's a low resolution screenshot of a section of the page, so isn't what we actually see. I'm looking at it right now on my laptop and it's fine

I’m looking at it on my phone and that’s exactly what it looks like

IMG_6351.jpeg

Edited by Stevo985

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

That’s cool. I was just pointing out you were confusing two different things. Which you’ve agreed you were 

No confusion, you wanted an exact answer I was giving you a broad answer 

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

No confusion, you wanted an exact answer I was giving you a broad answer 

You weren’t giving me an answer. You were giving @Davkaus an answer to a specific question with examples of something else. I was just pointing that out. 

24 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

my rough and ready solution to the scalability issue
Asset-2.png

and a desired version for some
Asset-3.png  

I think this is exactly what will happen ultimately.  It is also a great example of why the round badge doesn't work because there's no obvious scale 5, even at 3 or 4 I think you'd be struggling to replicate what you've done above.  And finally the above is a great example of how you can you different colours, etc and yet every version still looks "Villa".

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

You weren’t giving me an answer. You were giving @Davkaus an answer to a specific question with examples of something else. I was just pointing that out. 

Same thing. A broad answer to an exact desire 

• Haha 1

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Same thing. A broad answer to an exact desire 

Funny way of saying you were wrong, but ok. 

Anyway, back on topic, the badge **** sucks

Posted (edited)

IMG-0336.jpg

without zooming in and pixel peeping, it still looks gritty at the top. But we are really looking at that, particularly now. still, a dropped line would clean that up.. 

* no, increasing its size by 10% 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m looking at it on my phone and that’s exactly what it looks like

IMG_6351.jpeg

that isn't a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing on your phone, it's an expanded grab of part of what's on the screen of your phone, so obviously it degrades when you present it like this. The logo/web asset isn't designed for zooming in on a phone web browser and I'm not sure why anyone would want to (and I don't think you actually can)

Not trying to be @rsey but why do we care?

It is what it is now and on each page our focus will be on the content, so not sure in 3 months that we'll be looking at the badge being pixilated or not.

The squad, ST, FFP, stadium rebuild etc. are all more pressing concerns 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, _AA_786 said:

Not trying to be @rsey but why do we care?

It is what it is now and on each page our focus will be on the content, so not sure in 3 months that we'll be looking at the badge being pixilated or not.

The squad, ST, FFP, stadium rebuild etc. are all more pressing concerns 

And we have topics for that. This one is for crest and brand identity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The badge image on the website is a vector image, an SVG. How at looks at each size is dependent on the browser/device you're viewing it on and it's ability to render vectors in various sizes.

Edit: If you open the image in a new tab and then zoom in, you can basically get it at any size:

image.thumb.png.395e10330dd2838a770a366f95597a31.png

Edited by ThunderPower_14
  • Like 1

Â