Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 hour ago, wishywashy said:

This is a bit of an odd choice imo. Just feels a tad tacky.

W O M E N

That's just the new profile picture so you can quickly distinguish between the womens account and the official account, there's no chance that will be on the shirt

I'm pretty sure women being under the Villa badge is just for the women's twitter page and won't be on the actual shirts, which seems fine to me, if for example if we had an official acadmey twitter, I doubt anyone would mind if that had the Villa badge with academy underneath it in the same way

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Although its not great i much prefer the new one to last years one. I hate last years one and glad they changed it 

IMG_20240531_180341.jpg

For me, the round badge, is a fantastic functional design. Nice lion, simple layout  yet lacks any character or anything human. It just feels like AI designed it.  Also looks dull in colour and disappears in the claret. 

however the new one is the complete flip.. functionally it’s everywhere. But it stands out, it pops and it feels like it’s human made, Doris the canteen lady maybe… but some how feels more Aston Villa.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

It’s awful,  the round badge is far from good but the yellow on blue, the drop shadow, the white star and year gets lost when the badge is reduced in size, the unbalanced nature of the badge etc etc on this new badge….it’s an awful.

This thread just goes to show how no matter what design they would have come up some of us would not have been happy!

Its very difficult with branding as everyone has different tastes. I can understand why you dont like it based on your feedback.

For me the other one i hated the lion facing the other way and that the lion was claret. For me it should be yellow/gold and it just looks too west ham/burnley.

We have had a lot of crest changes over the year i think we should just roll with this one now for forcible future

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The round badge was crap, really crap and it looked shit on the shirts. It was totally non descript, 

This is an evolution of what we've had for a fair few years, a shield. Everybody knows it's Aston Villa. It stands out and the drop shadow is fine.and i can't see why so many get so angst about it. It has more colourway options than the crap round one. It's distinctive, it stands out.

Some people don't like the colourway, some don't like the drop shadow....but there's plenty of people who do.

Some don't like it, have never liked it, some will never like it, some have changed their minds and like it and some do like it. That's opinions for you and that's what makes for a colourful life.

It's here and it's here to stay for a fair few years but some of the stuff on here now is just repetitive whinging for moaning sake.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

"It's here and it's here to stay for a fair few years but some of the stuff on here now is just repetitive whinging for moaning sake"

Fancy  that, Aston Villa fans having an opinion on their club's new crest, in their 150th season, railroaded through as an evolution of the crest they were meant to be moving away from and in place of the one they actually got a vote in. How very dare we.

Look, in the grand scheme of things, it is 'just a badge', of course and not a huge deal. It's just that for some of us that particular look is forever associated with the grim Lerner years that ended in humiliation and relegation. It was nice to think we would move on from it so it is just disappointing to some of us that we have gone back it.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, wishywashy said:

This is a bit of an odd choice imo. Just feels a tad tacky.

W O M E N

Would you prefer if they were called " Football Playing Persons " ? 👀

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

"It's here and it's here to stay for a fair few years but some of the stuff on here now is just repetitive whinging for moaning sake"

Fancy  that, Aston Villa fans having an opinion on their club's new crest, in their 150th season, railroaded through as an evolution of the crest they were meant to be moving away from and in place of the one they actually got a vote in. How very dare we.

yeah, fancy that an Aston Villa fan who doesn’t post to often having a view that’s different to the generally 20 or so same posters who don’t like the badge. Who would have thought.

CT. I know your views and respect them, you have repeatedly mentioned it with much gusto and passion. I many ways it’s admirable.

I am merely making the point that there will always be people who like and who dislike.

How very dare I 

I’ll consider myself well and truly chastised.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I'd be interested to know how fans of other clubs feel about their own badges 🤔.

Neutrals seem to think it's " fine " or " nice ".

Then again they aren't as invested in the club or brand as us at all.

Just wondering if fans are generally interested in or pay deep attention to their badges one way or another.

Guess if it's been established for decades and never really changed they'll be less bothered.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I've said my piece on the badge and I've no interest in repeating myself now. Perhaps it's a "grower, not a show-er".

Anyway, could have been worse.

image.thumb.png.4c0eaf2bc172d5ddf4733c2d4fa82993.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd be interested to know how fans of other clubs feel about their own badges 🤔.

Neutrals seem to think it's " fine " or " nice ".

Then again they aren't as invested in the club or brand as usual at all.

Just wondering if fans are generally interested in or pay deep attention to their badges one way or another.

Guess if it's been established for decades and never really changed they'll be less bothered.

Athletico fans kicked off so much about their new and improved badge that they reverted back to their old badge, with the clipart bear and tree 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Look, in the grand scheme of things, it is 'just a badge', of course and not a huge deal. It's just that for some of us that particular look is forever associated with the grim Lerner years that ended in humiliation and relegation. It was nice to think we would move on from it so it is just disappointing to some of us that we have gone back it.

Next year it will be on the shirts when we play in the UCL.  So that will quickly replace the association with relegation.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, I think we always make the mistake of assuming opinion is mirrored everywhere outside our own little Forum and social media bubbles.

My perception is that it’s not particularly well loved outside of VT either and my suspicion is the club are aware of this hence the relatively subdued release.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 3