Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

23 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Good point to why the trademark was registered so soon. but yeah, this branding probably wasn’t ready by January. Not necessarily from poor form, but probably from implementation of the new marketing team, plans and direction. If I’m correct, all this was done in-house.. so getting that team in would of delayed things a touch 

The club did tell us that they would be launching it in January - that was plan A.

To begin with I hated it, now it's been released I don't mind it, it's growing on me slowly... even more so now that I have seen the videos with the alternative versions.

Last season the new badge was released and I hated it, especially the forward facing lion... it grew on me during the season.

I didn't really mind the Lerner badge, and this is just an alternative new age version of it.

At the end of the day the fans will never be able to agree on an optimal club badge, with the right features and the right colours... and the club have other priorities, with a badge meeting marketing requirements. Glad the saga is over and we can now look forward to the Adidas kits before the transfer window gets into full swing.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The club did tell us that they would be launching it in January - that was plan A.

Aha, there was a plan! They probably wanted all this done and Trademarked by Jan/kit production, but guess it wasn’t fully ready. I’m not overly surprised. The entire executive restructuring of the club and bringing people like Heck (and his new ideas) in would course a lot of delays. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

18 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Aha, there was a plan! They probably wanted all this done and Trademarked by Jan/kit production, but guess it wasn’t fully ready. I’m not overly surprised. The entire executive restructuring of the club and bringing people like Heck (and his new ideas) in would course a lot of delays. 

The badge was ready.  We all saw it.  They told the FAB it would be a few weeks.  I guess they saw the negative feedback and didn't want any distractions during the season.

Its minimal, it's modern, it's got the colours, it's got our name, it's got our birth date. It's absolutely fine.

Honestly you'd think it was some sort of monstrosity the way some people are going on.

Still don't like the badge, but the 'two line' theme is interesting and would be great......if we hadn't just signed up to have a "three line" world famous logo all over our kits!

2 minutes ago, CHW said:

The badge was ready.  We all saw it.  They told the FAB it would be a few weeks.  I guess they saw the negative feedback and didn't want any distractions during the season.

Assuming the kits go in to production in January, then yes the badge was ready, because it had to. But the entire branding probably wasn’t. 

New ornate "curly" font seems out of place and too different to the crest font and basic  text font on the website for my eyes  - its early days, but too much for me - could have gone with the crest font or a derivative to keep it 'onbrand'.....

Maybe they will update the crest page (under history) on the website soon too..... with the latest  'winning design' and some more questionable copy....

I really, really like it. It looks both classic and timeless. Majority of non-Villa supporter could easily assume it’s always been our badge. I reckon it’ll look great on the range of Adidas kit…

• Like 2

I think the branding video is really strong.  And as has been said before - if that black / gold version points to a possible kit version then I am all in and buying it as soon as it is available.

• Like 3

Neat to know the flags from the last match were the launch of the font and I just thought it was some supporter-chosen thing from how it was mentioned on the stadium tour. 
Glad I snatched a couple of them now. 

2 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

Neat to know the flags from the last match were the launch of the font and I just thought it was some supporter-chosen thing from how it was mentioned on the stadium tour. 
Glad I snatched a couple of them now. 

Someone sold one on eBay to some gullible person.

IMG_2039.jpeg

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, allani said:

I think the branding video is really strong.  And as has been said before - if that black / gold version points to a possible kit version then I am all in and buying it as soon as it is available.

I’m guessing black/gold GK shirt or away/third option now 

I must say, I find it amusing how people have softened on the badge. When it first leaked, everyone was aghast at how bad it was. Social media was its usual dumpster fire self and was rife with people complaining about it.

Now it's here and it's largely been met with a shrug of the shoulders and fans gaslighting other fans who don't find it to their taste. The internet is a funny place! :lol:

3 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

The old badge was so dark, dull, and a chelsea copycat. It just wasn't Villa.
New badge is bright and clear. Now none villa fans can easily identify its Villa by the yellow lion and blue. The older badge did not do that.

It was a Villa copycat not a Chelsea one.

The badge is mediocre, safe, unimaginative, and plain. But it could be worse. Slap it on the new shirt and let's go win the Champions League.