Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yeah I saw the original.

I still disagree, they're 3 very separate fonts with no cohesive branding between them. It's jarring seeing them all used together.

1 Serif, one Sans Serif and then the brand text in between the two, could be ok but the styles are all very different, it's not a coherent brand package imo

We see when it’s all laid out in a web page or a program page. 

A mix of sans and serif fonts can work. Particularly when one font is the title font and the other is the subtitle/legible font. Lot of magazines do this 

47 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

If we get a black kit with the gold badge from 00:28 I'm gonna cream myself.

Screenshot_20240531_092846_Brave.thumb.jpg.b2196fd239de11074585f82ce9424f71.jpg

That looks excellent - when its like this it looks so much bettee

The badge itself for me dont look bad its just the colouring makes it look abit crap.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

I have only ever worked in B2B marketing, but from my experience Friday morning is suboptimal to get maximum reach/engagement. Especially as some algorithms reward early engagement (likes/shares/clicks within the first hour) to push the content further.

So maybe they didn't want to reach as many people as possible. 🤓

My guess is the Adidas kit will be launched tomorrow (1st June after Castore deal expires), which will obviously have the new badge on, so they have felt the need to launch this just prior so it isn’t so jarring.

20 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

It shows that the colour scheme is the main problem with the badge, rather then the design itself.

My thoughts exactly 

Very good branding video. I like the alternative designs shown too. Am I happy with the process? No. But I am excited to see it with the Adidas range now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JPAngel said:

Said literally no one :P

I actually agree with him 😁

The last one could have been good if lion was facing other way and lion wasnt claret. Those were my two biggest issues with that one

• Like 2

It looks fine. But doesn’t change the fact it would look 10x better with the text at the top. Moving the text to the bottom feels equivalent to switching the direction of the lion: a change for change sake so it doesn’t appear too similar to the old badge.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Opinions are weird aren’t they?

To me this is the worst badge we’ve had since I started supporting the club. And it’s not really close

Come on!!! You are old enough to live through the stripy badge! That’s by miles the worst badge we ever had. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Opinions are weird aren’t they?

To me this is the worst badge we’ve had since I started supporting the club. And it’s not really close

Yep, and they release it on a Friday morning which is notoriously known as ‘throwing out the trash day’ when you want to release news at the time the least people will engage with it and also care about a topic.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's lots in there I like. We're a club that does things is some really odd ways, but the things we do are often pretty good and I think some of that branding material looks really sharp and seems thought out and co-ordinated. The badge itself is divisive I guess, but I think it'll look better on shirts than anywhere else and it will continue to grow on us over the coming few years given a bit of erm...uncomplicated consistency.

I feel strangely uncomfortable about the way that "Up the Villa" has been adopted. On the one hand, it's exactly what you want to happen, it's a natural process, a real thing that comes from the heart of the support that the club have taken forward, something that is actually, genuinely "ours" that they're using to represent us - that's a good thing in that it's genuine and it's the club listening to the support and imitating that as something that becomes an integral part of the branding, it's 'authentic". But on the other hand, using it like this changes it forever in some way, it becomes something slightly different when it's being sold back to you and I will kinda miss its cheery Brummie uniqueness. I think maybe that's just a personal thing and maybe part of getting old. S'all good though, we can still go with UTFV.

I get your point. I think we ‘lost’ Up The Villa long ago, as can be seen with the likes of Tom Hanks and other not-really-fans and club reps using it. It’s a bit like when politicians get involved with something fun and viral.