Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

You know what, I think it’s fine. The branding around it looks good and people will recognise it as Aston Villa. 

It’s a shame we couldn’t have had this instead…. But I’m not going to moan about forever…. 

IMG_0507.jpeg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Why do I feel like I’ve gone from supporting a football club to an advertising agency?  

As a fan, what the hell do I care about “uncomplicated consistency”? I don’t even know what that means.

Will my season ticket guarantee me tickets for the champions league or the Dragon’s Den finale?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Why have they used so many different **** fonts

3 font families. 

One for the badge and variations 

A banner font for titles and slogans

a legible font for dense texts 

Standard stuff to me 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

If we get a black kit with the gold badge from 00:28 I'm gonna cream myself.

Screenshot_20240531_092846_Brave.thumb.jpg.b2196fd239de11074585f82ce9424f71.jpg

Yeah an all black and gold three stripe would look classy. Slap the CL badge on the sleeve and its an all time classic. Hopefully Adidas have cooked up something special with the 150year spec

• Like 3

CfPttGDvfst7.gif.7d77d88ccd9a1cd42aaa10cac8329503.gif

Any of the other variations in the video would have been fine. We're heading into the CL with a blurry badge on what will inevitably be an utterly mid Adidas template. Wonderful.

• Like 3

I like that there is a while brand package. Though if we have our own font, it should be the only one we use, yet somehow we still need to use 3 or 4.

I still hate the badge but I'll get over it. 

Any marketing people got insight on why they chose Friday morning for this? People more likely to spend on the weekend (if the kit is announced today too)?

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I like that there is a while brand package. Though if we have our own font, it should be the only one we use, yet somehow we still need to use 3 or 4.

I still hate the badge but I'll get over it. 

👇

7 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

3 font families. 

One for the badge and variations 

A banner font for titles and slogans

a legible font for dense texts 

Standard stuff to me 

1 minute ago, DaoDeMings said:

Any marketing people got insight on why they chose Friday morning for this? People more likely to spend on the weekend (if the kit is announced today too)?

I think it'll be to make.a weekend of the branding and giving everything it's moment.

I think the Castore deal ends tonight, so they can officially launch Adidas branded merch tomorrow. This happens to be the day before and gives them a full weekend of content and PR etc

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Why do I feel like I’ve gone from supporting a football club to an advertising agency?  

As a fan, what the hell do I care about “uncomplicated consistency”? I don’t even know what that means.

Will my season ticket guarantee me tickets for the champions league or the Dragon’s Den finale?

If there is one thing we clearly haven't had over the last 150 years it is "uncomplicated consistency"

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DaoDeMings said:

Social media engagement measurably higher on Fridays also less competition for earned media coverage & PR with the CL final tomorrow

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

👇

Yeah I saw the original.

I still disagree, they're 3 very separate fonts with no cohesive branding between them. It's jarring seeing them all used together.

1 Serif, one Sans Serif and then the brand text in between the two, could be ok but the styles are all very different, it's not a coherent brand package imo

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaoDeMings said:

Friday News Dump.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, DaoDeMings said:

I have only ever worked in B2B marketing, but from my experience Friday morning is suboptimal to get maximum reach/engagement. Especially as some algorithms reward early engagement (likes/shares/clicks within the first hour) to push the content further.

So maybe they didn't want to reach as many people as possible. 🤓

Edited by LxYoungAVFC