Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

59 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I don't really care too much about the new badge but it is kinda horrible if you look at it for a few seconds and think about it.

The whole thing looks misaligned. 

Edit: Dropping the 1874 and moving the lion down a bit would help. And the alignment of the "Aston Villa" text looks way off. 

The white 1874 and the star is what I've always said bothered me most.

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

And they go on and on about how they're entitled to know all the business decisions the club make. Whining and complaining experts. 

Some people just live to bitch and moan. We've done too well on football pitch so this is the outlet.

Not surprised you like it, joke badge for a joke club ;)

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

And like I said a couple of weeks back, I'm certain this is exactly what they wanted. The fan base are so bored of the badge stuff that they are more likely to just accept it.

Was going to say... I eventually just moved into the acceptance phase.

I can now live with it and have no choice.

What I was trying to say is that I feel the broader design package and placements/utilisation will probably eventually offset any " anger " about the badge.

I'll definitely be getting some merch.

Again though, I'm happy it doesn't look like any of the other Claret and Blue team badges, and feel this will be a part of the reasoning

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was going to say... I eventually just moved into the acceptance phase.

I can now live with it and have no choice.

What I was trying to say is that I feel the broader design package and placements/utilisation will probably eventually offset any " anger " about the badge.

I'll definitely be getting some merch.

Again though, I'm happy it doesn't look like any of the other Claret and Blue team badges, and feel this will be a part of the reasoning

Yep, seen it in this thread a lot already

"I don't care anymore" "can't be arsed with this" "Just want it announced so we can move on"

People don't care. And they've quietly "revealed" it after we've got into the CL so people care more about that (which they should)

They know it's shit, otherwise they'd be making a song and dance of it

• Like 3

Just now, Stevo985 said:

People don't care. And they've quietly "revealed" it after we've got into the CL so people care more about that (which they should)

I was just about to type about a whole spiel about them clearly burying the lede with it, but yeah, that pretty much covers it.

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I’m warming to it tbh. It feels more us than that round one did. And I’m happy for them to sack off fan consultation tbh because I’m just tired of it all and the fans will never agree and everything the fans have been consulted about in the past has not ended with positive results. 

The uncaged lion looks good and will remain consistent with our existing brand, the drop shadow has everyone shitting themselves but I can see how it makes the lion stand out a bit from the blue (and it is a solution to a difficult problem because tbh the claret in the crest on a claret kit doesn’t look good), round badges are boring and all the same, like it or not the round one does just look like Chelsea, this is a bit more unique and identifiable, I personally don’t care about the alignment I think it looks fine.

If they’d have just put Aston Villa at the top I wouldn’t really have any complaints but I’m happy to just rally around this badge now and never, ever talk about it again. 

This would have been better. 

Just now, Paddywhack said:

Guys, can you all stop saying what you think of the new Villa crest on the new Villa crest thread on the Villa fan forum? Because you don't know how to run a football club and should just be happy.

Sorry, cheese licker.

14 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Feels like a disingenuous description, if it was just a "minor update to it around the text" (e.g. take the Lerner badge and swap out "AVFC" for "Aston Villa", leave everything else the same) I think largely everyone could have lived with it.  Underwhelming, but passable.  As it is, the main element of the badge is now demonstrably worse.  I mean, nobody's complaining about the same version of the badge where the Lion has no shadow and more detailing, because that version actually looks good and would have represented an improvement.

Aesthetic is subjective. In terms of the visual the badge is clearly an evolution of our Lerner badge so is recognisable as Villa thus no big rebrand cost 

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yup - as I recall in December it was "being revealed within the next couple of weeks", then we got wind of it through the Trademark submission, they saw the reaction, and decided to try and minimise the fallout as much as they could, it stinks.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

The ignorance of people in this thread has been off the charts. As the Price of Football explained in a recent episode. The cost of rebranding and marketing the new crest (the one we've got for this season) is very expensive. People don't realise that. 

Described as "the salary of a senior player for a whole season". As we are close to PSR limits the club made the financial decision to keep the same badge we've had for years and make a minor update to it around the text.

The reason we have done this is because of PSR the same reason we've not go e ahead with the North Stand redevelopment. Yet we get never ending whining by perpetually ignorant fans in this thread.

You don't have a clue how to run a football club. The people on charge of Villa do and focussing on PSR is the right thing to do at such a critical time

I don’t THINK that rebranding or stadium redevelopment affect PSR status.

Transfer fees, salaries, agents’ fees etc. and things which directly relate to the playing and support staff do but not branding or infrastructure.

Although the rebrand and North Stand would obviously cost money, I don’t think PSR was a motivating factor. With the case of the North Stand it may well have been more to do with either not wanting to have a building site and reduced capacity during a potential UCL campaign or a change in the scale of plans longer-term.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Aesthetic is subjective. In terms of the visual the badge is clearly an evolution of our Lerner badge so is recognisable as Villa thus no big rebrand cost 

Why even bother at all then? Fine if you want to scrap the round badge (well, let's not go there for now) but then just revert to the Lerner badge until we can sort it properly. That would've been the cheapest option.

What you don't do is go and make it even worse! We could've save the five quid that Heck paid his kid to make the new one.