Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

1874 and the star were both on the round badge. Both of the things the OP has complained about above.

You might not like hearing it but it's not unfair to say the Villa fanbase is extremely negative. Whether justified or not (it doesn't ever seem to matter), people will find reasons not to like things, to bitch and moan. Like you said, things were going swimmingly. Now this stuff is like the end of the world.

Perspective is lacking.

It's to do with the spacing more than anything.

37 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Are we sure about this though?

What about the version we saw where the detailing was put over the Lion digitally?

Not sure if it was fan made or another strategic " leak "

We’re not sure, but it’s a safe assumption given it’s been trademarked, and that that’s how it worked on the previous badge too. 

11 minutes ago, est1874 said:

We really fetishize negativism as a fanbase, don't we?

How about this, is there anything about it you do like? Or is it only important to call out the stuff you hate?

Why are you so angry that people don’t like it?

Its a big deal. It’s a symbol of our club. It’s the thing everyone sees on everything. Why are you annoyed that people care about it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Why are you so angry that people don’t like it?

Its a big deal. It’s a symbol of our club. It’s the thing everyone sees on everything. Why are you annoyed that people care about it?

Sorry but I'm not 'angry' or 'annoyed' at all; just calling for perspective.

If you'd care to read back or perhaps even employ basic recall (we have interacted regarding the badge previously, after all), I don't particularly like it either. It's not the worst, but it's not great either.

It's just not the end of the world either way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

If you'd care to read back or perhaps even employ basic recall (we have interacted regarding the badge previously, after all), I don't particularly like it either. It's not the worst, but it's not great either.

And that's good enough for Aston Villa?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, est1874 said:

But you’re playing it down like we shouldn’t care or it doesn’t matter. 

It does matter. If you’d care to read back or even employ basic recall then you’d see my post where I explained why it matters so much. 

Stop ridiculing people for caring about something that is important. 

You might not care about it, but other people rightly do

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, villan95 said:

And that's good enough for Aston Villa?

🙄

Your tastes are not everyone's. You've had a grand old moan there about 1874, the star, etc.

Here's the truth: the star was overwhelmingly voted for, whether you like it or not (85% of surveyed fans). 1874 was also overwhelmingly voted for (73%). As for the spacing, which you now say is your biggest issue, to me it's better than the spacing of the Lerner badge, which was never anyone's fundamental issue there, or at least note in any critiques I recall reading.

You have singlehandedly proven that nobody will ever be happy no matter the process or the crest, so well done there.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But you’re playing it down like we shouldn’t care or it doesn’t matter. 

It does matter. If you’d care to read back or even employ basic recall then you’d see my post where I explained why it matters so much. 

Stop ridiculing people for caring about something that is important. 

You might not care about it, but other people rightly do

Nope, I'm not ridiculing anyone. Might wanna ease up there, you're the one who sounds angry :) I won't stop speaking my mind, I know others won't either. I'm as entitled to a view as those who've been crying hellfire and brimstone over a badge 😅 cheers 

• Like 1

Just now, est1874 said:

Nope, I'm not ridiculing anyone. Might wanna ease up there, you're the one who sounds angry :) I won't stop speaking my mind, I know others won't either. I'm as entitled to a view as those who've been crying hellfire and brimstone over a badge 😅 cheers 

Nobody has said you’re not entitled to your views. But well done on dodging the point. 

Maybe just consider that you might not be right, especially as you seem to be in the overwhelming minority

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

🙄

Your tastes are not everyone's. You've had a grand old moan there about 1874, the star, etc.

Here's the truth: the star was overwhelmingly voted for, whether you like it or not (85% of surveyed fans). 1874 was also overwhelmingly voted for (73%). As for the spacing, which you now say is your biggest issue, to me it's better than the spacing of the Lerner badge, which was never anyone's fundamental issue there, or at least note in any critiques I recall reading.

You have singlehandedly proven that nobody will ever be happy no matter the process or the crest, so well done there.

The round badge was overwhelmingly voted for but that doesn’t seem to matter.  That Claret and Blue were the primary colours, again that’s been ignored.

• Like 3

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Nobody has said you’re not entitled to your views. But well done on dodging the point. 

Maybe just consider that you might not be right, especially as you seem to be in the overwhelming minority

You're the one assuming you're right: "other people rightly do care".

I care about us having a lion insignia: check.

Being represented by our great name Aston Villa: check.

Playing in claret and blue: check.

Being successful on the pitch and financially viable off it: check.

The rest is nice to have but a bonus, and quite often a distraction, as your posts are proving.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

🙄

I've pointed out things that I don't like about it pretty briefly, I don't see how that is having "a grand old moan"

• Like 1

Just now, est1874 said:

You're the one assuming you're right: "other people rightly do care".

I care about us having a lion insignia: check.

Being represented by our great name Aston Villa: check.

Playing in claret and blue: check.

Being successful on the pitch and financially viable off it: check.

The rest is nice to have but a bonus, and quite often a distraction, as your posts are proving.

In your opinion. Others think having a completely shit badge is quite a big deal.

Just because you’re ok with it doesn’t mean everyone else should be 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

In your opinion. Others think having a completely shit badge is quite a big deal.

Just because you’re ok with it doesn’t mean everyone else should be 

It's not 'completely shit' though, is it? The gold version we've seen on social media has made it look quite nice and many people agree with that. You don't and that's fine, but don't try to represent your view as the majority view now. Lots have changed their minds, many others are holding fire until they've seen the actual official launch of the badge , the content of which remains a mystery really. How it's presented and how it's used digitally etc will have a massive bearing on people's real feelings on the whole thing.

You want to jump the gun and call the whole thing 'completely shit' before you've even seen the proper final result? Bit daft but go ahead  :)

Edited by est1874

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If that turns out to be the crest I'll be over the moon, that looks unreal.

Same. Not only will we have a good badge. We'll have the best on in the league by a distance.

Edited by kurtsimonw

That looks perfectly fine. I like the gold lion, infinitely better than the pale yellow on the Lerner badge. Also says Aston Villa which is essential IMO. Not a huge fan of the white details.

• Like 3