Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

The fans have to be in favour of "material change". What we've seen from the trademarked new badges doesn't constitute material change.

I guess it depends on what the club think is our starting point.   Our current badge is a round badge with lots of claret.  The new badge is a shield in blue. Very big changes. 

Now if the club are saying that the old badge we had in the 2022/23 season is the starting point then i agree it's not changed much.  But that's really sneaky of the club if that's what they are trying to say and to completely ignore our current badge.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

I guess it depends on what the club think is our starting point.   Our current badge is a round badge with lots of claret.  The new badge is a shield in blue. Very big changes. 

Now if the club are saying that the old badge we had in the 2022/23 season is the starting point then i agree it's not changed much.  But that's really sneaky of the club if that's what they are trying to say and to completely ignore our current badge.

I think this is pretty much what they're doing. I don't think the round badge would have featured at all this season if it wasn't already on the shirts before Heck arrived.

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

I think the fact that the Lerner shield is still used extensively everywhere apart from on the shirts would make it very difficult (legally) to argue that it isn't one of our current badges.  Of course that doesn't mean that the comms around the whole thing haven't been a disaster and that we've been misled that the round badge wasn't going to be used everywhere.  Sneaky kind of covers it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Callum said:

Unsure if this has done the rounds already. Better with no shadow and a bit of gold. 

So there's a chance it could look alright on the shirts then🤞Doesn't change the fact it still looks so poor digitally though 😕

• Like 1

Just sayin - if the badge looks awesome on the kit and merch, and the players are winning stuff - is the virtual representation of the badge all that important? I'll get me coat. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

FFS. I thought that the Castore wet t-shirt competition kits were affecting our performance. Now we're having concrete badges on our shirts?

#pray4mcginn

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Our official badge never changed, so yes that is what they are doing. The 23-24 badge is just for the kits since it was pulled before we officially changed it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Hoping the digital version is just as different, probably some other way, as this appears to be…

There are other shades we can use for the lion than basic plain yellow.

Or even something like this:

That's not accurate, the lion has also moved down by being shrunk so it doesn't appear as unbalanced at the top.

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Just sayin - if the badge looks awesome on the kit and merch, and the players are winning stuff - is the virtual representation of the badge all that important? I'll get me coat. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Hoping the digital version is just as different, probably some other way, as this appears to be…

Even on that version, why is the 1874 in WHITE!  

15 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Just make the star and 1874 in claret and let’s move on back to on the pitch stuff which is brilliant.  I quite like the lion.

This whole badge has been a shit storm for Heck and comms.  It’s not great just I was so happy with everything with the club but Heck has really put a dampener in it.

Edited by nick76

Just now, nick76 said:

Just make the star and 1874 in claret and let’s move on back to on the pitch stuff which is brilliant.  I quite like the lion.

This whole badge has been a shit storm for Heck and comms.

Not gonna happen and…

unless FAB get anywhere with their complaint to FA… major change is a dream. We won’t see changes to the extent of a whole new colour scheme…

we have to just make the most/best out of this situation… for now at least.

hopefully, it’s better than we anticipated or were concerned about

I’m open to being surprised 

Waiting for the full review and explanation 

19 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I think my eyes are just playing tricks on me but is the 1874 slightly arched to mimic the top line of badge?

32 minutes ago, allani said:

I think the fact that the Lerner shield is still used extensively everywhere apart from on the shirts would make it very difficult (legally) to argue that it isn't one of our current badges.  Of course that doesn't mean that the comms around the whole thing haven't been a disaster and that we've been misled that the round badge wasn't going to be used everywhere.  Sneaky kind of covers it.

Sneaky is the nicest way to put it.  The description I would use isn't repeatable here... 🙂

• Like 2