Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

A detailed critique that outlines all of the faults and where and how improvements could be made… from a professional with 25 years experience and lifelong Villa fan…

Though I agree with most of his critique, I'm not overly impressed with the crest options he's produced, better than we're getting for sure, but his designs have their own issues.

Again a lot depends on the brief, evolution or redesign, the difference in restrictions make a huge difference.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Though I agree with most of his critique, I'm not overly impressed with the crest options he's produced, better than we're getting for sure, but his designs have their own issues.

Again a lot depends on the brief, evolution or redesign, the difference in restrictions make a huge difference.

He may have put them together quite quickly as a demonstration… could easily be improved with a bit of tinkering.

I mean this in the nicest possible way… but I prefer them to your AV design too…

Something a bit different and “fresh”

and really pops off the shirt… a good starting point I think…

Regardless, his critiques are all relevant 

Just now, Chasetown Villa said:

The final design is absolutely stunning. The best I’ve seen.

IMG_7054.jpeg

It’s such an effective way to make it pop or stand out on the shirt… the order of colours are great, nice shades and that gold trim is 👌

A different/unique shield shape too 

I bet he could make it even better too…

I continue to be grateful for FAB and the Villa Trust (what’s the difference?)…

Glad they are speaking up for us fans and the good of the club…

This is an excellent, detailed and credible example of how well and how easily the leaked badge could be improved and more relevant to the club.

👏👍

My concern continues to be that the club don’t really listen to the fans and sideline them & their opinions…

have we forgotten about the BK8 debacle?

There were (bigger) protests then too but the club just went ahead regardless…

It’s about time things changed…

7 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

The design of the lion is a lot better..

Not convinced it scales well digitally though, which is the reason why there was a flat lion in the first place (as well as the detailed one). But I suppose there could be versions designed to scale to a small size.

32 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Detailed thread worth looking at here…

The hilarious bit of this is when his redesign is a lot worse than the 'new' crest he's critiquing.

Yes I dislike the drop shadow and colours, but the redesign in that thread is pants, and it's a lesson in how these things aren't as easy as people think. It's easy to critique, but when you get those ingredients it's difficult to actually nail it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rolta said:

The hilarious bit of this is when his redesign is a lot worse than the 'new' crest he's critiquing.

Yes I dislike the drop shadow and colours, but the redesign in that thread is pants, and it's a lesson in how these things aren't as easy as people think. It's easy to critique, but when you get those ingredients it's difficult to actually nail it.

Hard disagree…. as usual recently but.. no worries 👍

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

I love it personally but I love the thought that’s gone into it more 

It’s so sad that we can’t actually get anything like this and… with the same thought process and “sentiment” behind it as you suggest…

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

It's quite simply not.

You can claim his redesign isn't or doesnt look good to your taste, but it's better than the one he critiqued because its actually visible when scaled down.  The new one we've is trademarked is an abomination.

That said, I do think his redesign is using more freedom than the version Heck came up with was allowed. If he said we have to keep the colours and the old lion, there's nothing that could have been done to produce a good badge. 

Man… it’s so unique and different… I can’t stop using the words “stand out”…

It would be unique to the league and easily recognisable and identifiable among all the other badges…

and its vibrant!! 😂

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

A detailed critique that outlines all of the faults and where and how improvements could be made… from a professional with 25 years experience and lifelong Villa fan…

This guy is absolutely spot on. I'd just written the following, which essentially aligns with him but in a more frustrated way - but he's gone into more depth and been more constructive, to be fair. Don't love the crest shape but he knows his stuff.

From the excitement of having a brand spanking new/refreshed brand identity with all of its possibilities, to the fury of seeing what we’re apparently getting, to the despondency of it probably not being fixed.

This is our primary identity, it should be a new classic made to last for generations of fans, and it’s fundamentally wrong. Not due to personal preferences, it’s just off from a design point of view.

I'm now at a point of not caring which way the lion is facing, or even which lion it is. Or if it has 1874 or a star. It shouldn’t be a case of making do, but if you have to do your own version of the crest, Chris - which you didn’t appear to ask anyone about - at least respect the feedback of what seems like every single fan who is supposed to adore it, and fix the sh*tstorm you’ve created. I don’t care where things are at in production, we’re used to late shirts. 

So please, just at least sort the colours out so that that we have a contrasting combination, negating any question of a bloody drop shadow; and arrange the elements so that it balances - Aston Villa at the top, ideally.

I’m fairly confident just looking at it that the new crest has not been made nor approved by someone who understands basic composition, which is as concerning as it is infuriating. 

Maybe we need an official Villa design consortium...

Fix it, bin it, or start again properly and use a current badge for our special anniversary next season. Pretty please. This is important.

Edited by Muller Yogurt Long Sleever
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

It's quite simply not.

You can claim his redesign isn't or doesnt look good to your taste, but it's better than the one he critiqued because its actually visible when scaled down.  The new one we've is trademarked is an abomination.

That said, I do think his redesign is using more freedom than the version Heck came up with was allowed. If he said we have to keep the colours and the old lion, there's nothing that could have been done to produce a good badge. 

It’s not that drastic a change though…

still using a shield that has been improved/changed

Using the same lion but adding detail to it and changing it to a colour that works so much better

Retains the same light blue background and actually makes good use of it

Kept the same sort of text and positioning as the leaked one 

I think it’s brilliant and assuming it was done fairly quickly… believe he could make it even better given time…

Edited by Jas10

4 hours ago, romavillan said:

something a bit more abstract but ROUND 😀

avfc.thumb.png.b5548b3fc94c89ed35888ae979a17a4a.png

1874 is a bit wonky but it was a rush job!

I actually quite like this abstract lion, and see it for what it is. The purple inner circle making up the mane makes it work.

The blue colour is wrong, and I'm not sure I want us going this abstract, but i didn't think it was that bad 😅