Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I think they may have thought people wouldn’t look at TM’s.  The reason they TM then on the 20th December I assume was it was the first time that evening that it was to be seen publicly ie at the FAB meeting so they had to protect their TM interests.  If it is the new badge I guess they either didn’t realised Villa fans are obsessed and would find it, didn’t care we’d find it or just had no choice but to TM then because the FAB were going to see it that night.

I doubt very much it was for the benefit of the FAB, I'd imagine it's because they've sent it off for people to start making patches for next season's kit.

7 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

The in-house legal counsel at my company has a bit of experience of IP.

His opinion is that it's unlikely that any commercially sensitive work would be left to be discovered by fans in such a fashion, otherwise any organisations branding would be in the public domain before any official launch.

Whilst no idea about Villa per se, he does say that there could be a multitude of reasons why a company would register for trademarks that seemingly never see the light of day. It's also not a particularly costly exercise.

Given the global nature of sport, registering a trademark in the UK doesn't offer IP protection in other countries, again suggesting a "leak" such as this wouldn't necessarily mean it's the finshed product.

Marvel have registered trademarks for a shitload of properties that will never see the light of day. I think we've done this as it's a very American business thing to say so Heck is doing that, I hope.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

This is all Vincent Tans fault … Design by commission leads to compromised designs and should be left without interference to the professional experts alone… fans collectively will never agree leading to a trying to please all mentality and failing 

Do you think fans had any say in this badge?

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I doubt very much it was for the benefit of the FAB, I'd imagine it's because they've sent it off for people to start making patches for next season's kit.

I’m a finance dude but I’ve worked heavily with legal and marketing teams over the years and anything new they do before anybody outside the project sees or  clients/public see just in case, and generally that is done at the very last moment in case of potential last changes.  This on the same day as the FAB meeting didn’t surprise me.  I may be wrong but it’s coincidental then.

Edited by nick76

The gold is part of our identity too and adds a touch of class… but it doesn’t need to dominate. We are claret & blue… and vibrant.

Not light blue and yellow!

🤦‍♂️

That could easily have been converted to a shield if deemed necessary for whatever reason… but we went with those stupid colours instead… just makes no sense.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

I think I'm just becoming numb to everything, nothing improves and I'm generally in the minority with all popular votes. Maybe I'm just getting old(er) and grumpier but there's little in the world that I believe is getting better and not worse!

The badge is just another one. I did feel strongly our badge should NOT be a circle because it happened to be a circle in a tiny bit of our history when we were successful. It wasn't round for about 90% of our history. However, I was in the minority and we got the boring, inferior version of the 80s badge with the lion facing the wrong way. Not a fan. Then heard we were changing it again, not overly pleased as it is an amateur process but was pleased we would get the shield back.

Then we get this. How can you make the shield bad (in my eyes?)... Oh, get the balance, lion, colours and text position all wrong! Pretty horrendous really. We'd all have opinions, but it's impressive to create a badge no one likes!

But, as stated, I think I'm just numb to it now... It'll be what it'll be and as long as Villa win on the pitch, that's all the matters.

• Like 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

If it was never “broke”, we should never have tried to “fix it”…

One F up after another, (inc turning the bloody lion around!) with this latest one the worst of all… lazy shite.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Tbh, I never cared for this old-fashioned heraldic lion, it looks more like a fox being orally violated with an aubergine than a lion. But this with a modern lion (that looks vaguely like a lion) and I'm happy.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Tbh, I never cared for this old-fashioned heraldic lion, it looks more like a fox being orally violated with an aubergine than a lion. But this with a modern lion (that looks vaguely like a lion) and I'm happy.

The lion could easily have been modernised… and many times over. But why overhaul the design and go with blue and yellow? That’s what makes zero sense at all…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Do you think fans had any say in this badge?

On the initial consultation which it is partly based on I’d say yeah … 

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Almost every other round badge design I’ve seen from random people and fans is better than what we ended up with but I’m actually more of fan of it now after seeing this catastrophe… I would just settle for it now, just feels like we are being worn down…

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Can’t understand why anyone with half a brain would think sticking with yellow on light blue would make sense or work…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

On the initial consultation which it is partly based on I’d say yeah … 

What part of it do you think is based on the consultation that produced the round badge?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I think this is still my favourite design. Lion flipped left and job done.

FzQjm2YX0AEyMIJ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Is there a particular reason it's got Times New Roman on it? 

I mean, of all the things to do to the round badge, just no.

Also everyone knows we're a football club. I think putting FOOTBALL CLUB on a premier league badge in 2023 is really strange and redundant. 

Just now, est1874 said:

Is there a particular reason it's got Times New Roman on it? 

I mean, of all the things to do to the round badge, just no.

Also everyone knows we're a football club. I think putting FOOTBALL CLUB on a premier league badge in 2023 is really strange and redundant. 

I quite like the font but each to their own. As for the "football club" I think it just makes good use of the space at the bottom, Chelsea and Leicester clearly thought the same.