Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:
8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

That's **** shite.

The spacing on it is all wrong. Strong West Mids Village vibes.

This is what you get when you leave in the hands of professionals who have no former connection to the sport. 🤦🏿‍♂️

FTFY

• Haha 1

Take the shield away and there's a nice simplified version which I'm sure will be used a lot. 

It's fine I think, prefer it to the round badge from last year at least. 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s incredibly clear from that that the Aston Villa needs to be at the top. It looks ridiculous 

I think one of the problems is trying to accommodate that bloody star inside our crest FFS.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s incredibly clear from that that the Aston Villa needs to be at the top. It looks ridiculous 

The spacing on it is diabolical. The lion is weirdly close to the top and the bottom is awkwardly big with the name obviously not fitting correctly.

And the less said about the amateur hour 'shadow' on the lion the better.

It's **** obvious the Lerner design is an unsalvageable piece of shit, they've somehow managed to make it worse.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was waiting for you Nick.

I know for a fact you aren't pleased lol.

I’ll be surprised if many are happy with it even those that wanted the round badge gone.

I expected something that I would be disappointed in losing the round badge but I would fall in love eventually after some internal infighting within myself…this is not it.

One thing is for sure, opinions about the badge itself aside — it bears absolutely no relation to the new "brand marque" produced for the 150 year anniversary. There is absolutely no point of reference here - the colours are different, there's a new font (in fact, two), etc. etc.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think one of the problems is trying to accommodate that bloody star inside our crest FFS.

You’re not wrong. I remember when I filled in the survey, I think I said I would want the star in the new badge but I wish I hadn’t. It seems to make every design option awkward.

• Like 1

On the field the club is in superb shape. 

Off the field, its a shambles at the minute. 

• Like 1

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

You’re not wrong. I remember when I filled in the survey, I think I said I would want the star in the new badge but I wish I hadn’t. It seems to make every design option awkward.

I just have no idea why they insist on not putting it central somewhere. Even on this badge just put it under the Aston Villa in the nice little space that the point of the shield creates. 

Why does it have to be randomly off to the left?

• Like 3

Â