Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

30 minutes ago, burchy said:

IMG_2101.thumb.jpeg.f4e517d1b3476244c15256c9cd5700e0.jpeg

I hate it. Purely because I know it's perfect and that we won't get anything even close to this.

One of the biggest criticisms I remember from our bade redesign was that the silhouette was identical to so many clubs across the world. Incorporating the gas lamp into the crest in this way solves that problem in a beautiful way that is similar to the way Real Madrid and Espanyol solved the issue - with a crown.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, burchy said:

I remember this in 2008 or whatever when we got the blue one. So so many great fan designs.

Whatever we end up with it's probably got a 1% of being better than this, and you probably knocked this up it under an hour.

Shit designs are a very annoying.

• Like 1

The likely reason for no other round badges having bits poking out of the top is it means when multiple badges are being displayed, ours ends up being shrunk to accommodate that bit of extra height. When our badge is side by side with Man City or Chelsea's, it'll be smaller.

We also won't make the most of horizontal space and will need to shrink the logo for things like phone app buttons, anywhere else we use the logo

Edited by Davkaus

49 minutes ago, burchy said:

I like the idea of using the gaslamp to break up the circle, very inventive.

However, I prefered the previous colour scheme, I don't believe we have to have quite so much blue, and I don't like how the gaslamp and inner circle now make up the shape of a bauble, which I now can't unsee. 

Really good effort though!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

However, I prefered the previous colour scheme, I don't believe we have to have quite so much blue, and I don't like how the gaslamp and inner circle now make up the shape of a bauble, which I now can't unsee. 

Cheers bud, high praise from you as your designs are awesome

• Like 2

Now is probably a good time to review the last survey that went out at the beginning of the season - I'm pretty sure that will tell us what the badge will be like.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/crest-process/

16,000 validated surveys...
Supporters across our global base of Season Ticket Holders, Members and those on the Waiting List

Visually striking and recognisable...
60% believe that whilst the new crest should be claret and blue, it should also be visually striking and recognisable

How the shield design reflects our history...
52% of you strongly agreed or agreed that the shield shape design best reflects our heritage, with 20% holding a neutral point of view

Building a picture of our heritage...
68% felt that it is most important for the crest to build a picture of our heritage as a traditional club

Our name represented...
A combined 81% of you would like to see the name represented as either Aston Villa FC or Aston Villa

Lion facing left...
As for the Rampant Lion, 47% would like to see it facing to the left and 30% open to either direction

1874, a year to remember...
73% agree that 1874 should be included in the crest design

1982 European Cup celebration...
An overwhelming 85% would like to ensure we incorporate our 1982 European Cup star into the design

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Teale's 'tache said:

However, I prefered the previous colour scheme, I don't believe we have to have quite so much blue, and I don't like how the gaslamp and inner circle now make up the shape of a bauble , which I now can't unsee. 

My initial thought was the holy hand grenade.

Also prefer the previous colour scheme.

27 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Discussion on the MOMS podcast says that the new badge is basically just an evolution of the Lerner one.

Which is good. I liked out existing badge. Circular one is just common and run of the mill. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Lerner badge had more wrongs than rights IMO. Colours were washed out, it had that stupid star in white for unknown reasons and worst of all it said AVFC instead of Aston Villa. No real issue with the shape thou but also not sure how you'd make look anything more than OK.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, burchy said:

Like this, and I like our current badge which this is similar to (but gaslamp is a nice addition). 

I don't really understand why we're re-running this process again considering it produced a good result last time. I fear the hubris of Heck but we'll see. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Discussion on the MOMS podcast says that the new badge is basically just an evolution of the Lerner one.

I've just listened. He said he didn't see the new badge but it is "allegedly" modelled off the past few badges (not just Lerner's?). MOMS said he isn't happy and kept mentioning reporting Heck and co to the FA about the badge (breaching some rules about fan consultation) - which is a bit silly imo 😆

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Now is probably a good time to review the last survey that went out at the beginning of the season - I'm pretty sure that will tell us what the badge will be like.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/crest-process/

The most annoying part of that for me is the NEED to shoehorn in a star 🤦🏿‍♂️.

I'd actually even prefer it to be flame within gaslamo as @burchy concept.

Dunno but for some reason the wrong star or use of it can really make it look amateurish.

Hopefully if it's incorporated in can be done so seamlessly and not as some sort of floating or juggled ornament.