Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

26 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

Rather than another costly rebranding exercise, I'd be happy to see a replica of this badboy back on the Trinity.  I'd even chip in, if we were doing a fundraiser for it.

image.thumb.jpeg.dc3b979984950505f867ececa20fbdca.jpeg
Should have been done at the time of the rebuild (if we even needed to rebuild at all - a whole separate argument). 

Sheff Wed and others have been able to rebuild their main stand whilst keeping some continuity from an earlier era. 

Having decided redoing the crest is not controversial enough, you've brought people's opinions on architecture in here?

My God, man, why do you want to see the world burn?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

But if you look closely, you can definitely see the words “Aston Villa”…

So if i colour the badge green and purple but it still says aston villa, that makes it a aston villa badge because it says "aston villa" according to you?

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So if i colour the badge green and purple but it still says aston villa, that makes it a aston villa badge because it says "aston villa" according to you?

No... it will then be a Norwich Fiorentina badge... duh! 🙄

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Really don't like that. Looks way too burnley for me

It is basically a return to the classic Aston Villa crest before we started messing with it in the 1960s.

I was hoping for this sort of thing first time around. Simple, elegant, classic and timeless.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

It is basically a return to the classic Aston Villa crest before we started messing with it in the 1960s.

I was hoping for this sort of thing first time around. Simple, elegant, classic and timeless.

Yeah was before my time. Since i been villa its mainly been a gold lion and i still stand by this as thats what our lions been since PL era. 

The wholw change the lion around as well no one liked or asked for that so whoever made that decision should be fired (if still at club) or not been involved in this new process

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

But if you look closely, you can definitely see the words “Aston Villa”…

Not from a distance with your eyes closed you wont.  In fact then it looks just like the Chelsea badge too.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Looks old fashioned to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

That's the colour scheme I would've gone with for the round badge. I think blue is always overused - we're claret first and blue.

Anyway, the badge doesn't have to mimic our exact colour scheme - the lion has to be gold and can't go on a blue background. Aston Villa I don't think should be blue so that leaves either claret on blue (which messes up the whole design in the above) or gold on claret, and gold for our name seems fitting too.

As far as a round badge goes, the layout of the above is perfect. Pretty much just remove the star, maybe tweak the font and it's there.

Still shouldn't be round though.

Edited by fightoffyour