Monchi - President of Football Operations

duke313

7 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

A lengthy interview with Monchi and Vidagany where they set out how close we came to a points deduction and why Diaby had to go. 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/inside-aston-villas-summer-transfer-29856549

Sounds very stressful. I think they did a great job of keeping hold of the untouchables and probably made the right decision selling Dougie. 

Having to balance both PSR and SCR is lunacy. I wonder what they would have done if Diaby hadn’t been sold, maybe no new contract for Martinez?

• Like 4

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Said it before, its scary how badly run we were before he arrived and he is still nowhere near cleaning it up

Waut until we get this sorted

Nowhere near cleaning it up? We're a Diego Carlos transfer away from all the mistakes of the previous regime being rectified, aren't we?

Edited by Don_Simon
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Nowhere near cleaning it up? We're a Diego Carlos transfer away from all the mistakes of the previous regime being rectified, aren't we?

That was this window.

Apparently we need to make another big sale next summer according to the PSR experts

insightful interview. the whole thing really is a farce isn't it, for all teams. i can see why other clubs were annoyed at what us/everton/chelsea did but the whole system seems totally backwards

• Like 1

Does feel from what he's saying that Villa wanted players in exchange from Juve. The view being the price we get them for is below the value they will become. Spoke of them being Assets in a years time. So that would mean Emery tests them out and decides keep or sell. 

Good article, thanks for posting.

Reading this along with all the off field stuff going on is starting to make me feel a little bit disillusioned with the game. I'm finding myself caring less and less.   

I'm sure it will pass and hoping to enjoy a memorable season  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Monchi and co are an absolute class act. Imagine what they can do next summer when coffers should be swelled and no PSR issues. 

Aren't we in even more trouble next summer regarding PSR? 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â