Monchi - President of Football Operations

duke313

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand... You want to sell Duran, West Ham sent a big offer (£30 million + their top academy player), but Monchi refused. Why? So now you still have Duran and lost Joao Felix.. Nonsense. 

Just as is nonsense the sale for cheap price of Douglas Luiz. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, jigen said:

I don't understand... You want to sell Duran, West Ham sent a big offer (£30 million + their top academy player), but Monchi refused. Why? So now you still have Duran and lost Joao Felix.. Nonsense. 

It's all down to timing.

Luiz left because we were against the clock to appease PSR, so they got him for a good price (and we got some promising young-ish players to help with squad depth). Business is business.

Duran would have been an easy and lucrative flip on what we paid for him, but the even more lucrative Diaby deal came, and was processed, first and made it so we were no longer in a position where selling Duran was necessary or as appealing.

We haven't 'lost' Felix because we never had him and, frankly, I'm not convinced he fancies it.

Nonetheless, Monchi and co are navigating this window, from a financial perspective, fantastically well. We've never been in such great hands.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/08/2024 at 11:02, jigen said:

did he though? or, he's willing to sell him should the value be met giving him the budget to spend on his replacement, if we dont meet that value we cant buy the replacement regardless

we like felix but we value him at a number lower than atletico and are unwilling to be bent over by them

we had to sell someone to meet PSR and didnt want to sell one of our better players to another PL so took less from abroad

we've been here before with Suso and Lange, no one knows what's going on but will happily jump to a negative conclusion and eventually hound them out of the club - we havent done a thing for 2 weeks now, he must be doing **** all

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Bad financial management of the past finally caught up with us

Monchi and Heck with Unai had a tough job after the mess they took over

I think we already know that we have owners who are willing to invest large sums to achieve progress. Undoubtedly they currently trust Unai and Monchi to help us progress. I think Unai and Monchi will have seen Luiz as an established first teamer who would perform well, even at the level we have now reached and they'd see Diaby as a player that could possibly develop to be a top player we need, perhaps reviewing after one more season. So in short, no, we probably wouldn't have sold both players without the restrictions imposed by PSR.

On 01/08/2024 at 09:25, OutByEaster? said:

He's found and signed some very good young players at reasonable prices, he's found some very inventive ways to work within the PSR boundaries, but the challenge now is whether he can find the right players to complete our squad - to move from opportunity to neccessity - a big month ahead for him.

And an ability to shift those we no longer want! 

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bad financial management of the past finally caught up with us

Monchi and Heck with Unai had a tough job after the mess they took over

Without PSR, I believe the investment potential of NSWE would see the occasional transfer/contract 'mistake' as a mere blot on the club's coffee book. Of course, they'll be pleased to see less mistakes being made by their current heads of staff - Unai, Monchi and Vidagany.

Back to Monchi he inherited the base of an operation laid down by Lange and has built on it. He’s had to when and deal and be creative - how long before some call for his head of things don’t start well this season

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Enjoyed and pretty much agreed with every word on that…

maybe most of all

“No it’s not finished, we need to make another step. The most difficult thing is not to arrive, but to stay, to remain in the Champions League.

Great to, again, see how highly valued and precious JJ is 💪

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â