Monchi - President of Football Operations

duke313

8 hours ago, Anything11 said:

NGL I am enjoying Spurs fans frustration with Lange. Night and day compared with how Monchi does things.

I'd say monchi is doing monchi things and lange is doing lange things, they're about to sign their 3rd teenager of the summer and realistically the driving force for them next year will be their academy looking good, I always thought lange was better at finding the likes of kellyman or Kerr or Feeney, prospects who might make it, he did sign some decent looking academy prospects, seems to be doing the same now 

At the same time he's shifted a fair bit of deadwood, ndombele, perisic, dier, hojlberg, sessegnon, rodon, tanganga about to get rid of Gil and reguillon 

Hard to see how they've immediately improved but i wouldnt write them off

• Like 3

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I'd say monchi is doing monchi things and lange is doing lange things, they're about to sign their 3rd teenager of the summer and realistically the driving force for them next year will be their academy looking good, I always thought lange was better at finding the likes of kellyman or Kerr or Feeney, prospects who might make it, he did sign some decent looking academy prospects, seems to be doing the same now 

At the same time he's shifted a fair bit of deadwood, ndombele, perisic, dier, hojlberg, sessegnon, rodon, tanganga about to get rid of Gil and reguillon 

Hard to see how they've immediately improved but i wouldnt write them off

You make a convincing argument for sure.

Randy Marsh Big Balls GIFs | Tenor

Monchi explaining to Nas why he's still holding out for £40m for Duran even after 3 perfectly acceptable offers. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I see a lot of praise for Monchi across the window so far, for me if I'm objective he's probably scored a 6/10. Navigated PSR well but our a main change is Luiz out (low fee), Onana in (not sure many would have welcomed that swap). 

At the same time our biggest areas of weakness (Martinez cover, centre half depth, Watkins cover) remain as they were. 

It's only half way through the window, so not need to panic but I'm not sure what justifies all of the plaudits. 

6 feels harsh for the PSR work. The swap deals stopped us from selling anyone we didn't want to. It's changed the game for everyone in the league as they immediately starting copying us. This sort of thing has been pretty exclusive to Europe so far.

Doug wouldn't sign an extension so he had to go. Onana is better than Doug for what we need in that position.

He's doing what he should and supporting the manager massively favouring a particular target. Emery has earned trust in seeing a target and saying this is priority #1.

Agree with depth on keeper. We will sign a centre half or RB, we will sign a forward. Felix or no Felix.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

6 feels harsh for the PSR work. The swap deals stopped us from selling anyone we didn't want to. It's changed the game for everyone in the league as they immediately starting copying us. This sort of thing has been pretty exclusive to Europe so far.

Doug wouldn't sign an extension so he had to go. Onana is better than Doug for what we need in that position.

He's doing what he should and supporting the manager massively favouring a particular target. Emery has earned trust in seeing a target and saying this is priority #1.

Agree with depth on keeper. We will sign a centre half or RB, we will sign a forward. Felix or no Felix.

Yes probably six is harsh for where we are but it feels like the money we got for Dougie was below what most expected and we've got problems that need addressing. 

Hopefully the budget movement we've seen makes room for the players we need to get. 

I didnt rate Luiz as highly as others, but the fact that we haven’t really replaced him makes it too early to be singing Monchi’s praises. He has been very active and Yes we are the biggest spenders but it is arguably more quantity over quality.  Hopefully some of the new signings will make it but……

• Like 2

He's found and signed some very good young players at reasonable prices, he's found some very inventive ways to work within the PSR boundaries, but the challenge now is whether he can find the right players to complete our squad - to move from opportunity to neccessity - a big month ahead for him.

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â