Monchi - President of Football Operations

duke313

On 25/06/2024 at 17:18, CarryOnVilla said:

I wouldn’t really be concerned about the reported fees for Doug. That deal seems artificially low all round. They got Doug cheap and we got Iling and Enzo cheap. 

€70m for Doug and €42m for Iling and Enzo is still a realistic deal, with the same outcome. €28m and two players

but the reported fees of 50/22 has benefits. Particularly with future amortisation and more profit when we sell the players. 

it’s a deal to cook the next 5 books, not just this years books 

Given that this sale and subsequent signings included in the deal all have an element of cooking the books, I’m not sure why we should ever expect any of the figures to be remotely accurate, hiding such things is always how these things work and it isn’t easy in an industry tha attracts so much attention anyway. 

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Given that this sale and subsequent signings included in the deal all have an element of cooking the books, I’m not sure why we should ever expect any of the figures to be remotely accurate, hiding such things is always how these things work and it isn’t easy in an industry that attracts so much attention anyway. 

While he wheels and deals and negotiates and takes account of PSR factors, and while you're right that the reported (by the media) figures might not be right, in reality there's the accounts, tax law, Football law and so on, which mean the books aren't cooked. The real figures are reported to the Tax authorities, the Premier league and so on.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Remember when we’d barely do any business until about 7pm on August 31st?

Getting all this done so early is hilarious. Were a proper club

Anyone would think we had a plan.....

• Like 1

Monchi has done well when it comes to moving players on that are deemed to not be good enough.

Its an important part of squad management as it generally makes the team stronger and more competitive.

No idea on Hause? But if we can move on Dendonker in this window then that's the last of the Deadwood players.

I know Coutinho is only on loan but it's been reported his wages are fully covered and you imagine something will be sorted for his final year too.

I personally would include Olsen on this list too as I think his spot would be better filled with a younger keeper who has upside and improvement.

15 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Sounds like Monchi’s burner phones are going to be busy this week and next then. I can picture his desk drawer at BMH…..

IMG_2042.webp.c4e11fdc3757aa6bd737bb9731929c6f.webp

Looks like Keith Wyness' drawer tbh.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 4

On 10/07/2024 at 17:29, blandy said:

While he wheels and deals and negotiates and takes account of PSR factors, and while you're right that the reported (by the media) figures might not be right, in reality there's the accounts, tax law, Football law and so on, which mean the books aren't cooked. The real figures are reported to the Tax authorities, the Premier league and so on.

Of course you’re rights and I’m sure we wouldn’t be daft enough to break any laws but keeping stuff to yourself is always the right way to go about things , controling the message and not doing all our business in public makes a lot of sence and will be helpful for future deals too. Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer, is the way. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â