Saudi Pro League

tomav84

On 29/08/2023 at 20:38, Rds1983 said:

I've never been to the Middle East and have little desire to do so, but I'm curious how Dubai has changed since becoming a tourist mecca?

Saudi are clearly trying to follow the footsteps and get the social media influencers and celebrities to promote them as the place to be seen. 

But surely if you court the West to go there, it has to be hospitable to the West? It has to then be welcoming to all that tourism involves, be it alcohol, women's rights, or LGBT.

Had Dubai's position on these things softened in recent year's?

Here’s the issue.

You will no doubt get all your information from the utter crap that is the western media.  Talk to people who have been/lived/worked there and you’ll get a completely different story

Make out the rest of the world as some kind of backward cannibals.

What they really don’t want, is people to look at these other countries with their 0% income tax, practically zero crime rates, where people are actually scared of the police - and start questioning what the actual **** is going on over here.

As you’ve never been to dubai, let me tell you people party hard, with every vice you can imagine.  Police just look the other way.  The laws are there to keep people in check.  Do what you want, but do it in a respectable way.  
you can drink alcohol, and no one gives a shit.  BUT if you drink alcohol and start fighting in the street or start smashing property.. they’ll shove u in a jail for a long time.  They don’t care about LBGT stuff - if you keep it out of the public - but same applies to heterosexuals. ANY Lewd conduct is not accepted.  
If you’re the type of person who can’t go for 20 minutes without feeling your partners arse and feel you must do so in public - don’t go.  If you can’t have a drink without picking a fight or smashing property - don’t go. If you can’t enjoy a night out without taking drugs - don’t go.

For everyone else - all the drunk, drug fuelled clearings in the woods that cause trouble for everyone else and ruin everything won’t be there.  So you’ll have an amazing time and not have to watch sad desperate chavs snogging/shagging in public - and feel safer than you ever will here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Henderson has done an interview with the Athletic where he's pretty much claimed that money wasn't his motivation and he's gone to Saudi Arabia to help change attitudes there.

I might not stop chuckling all day.

I would have been ok if he just came out and said, "**** hell - the money here is great!" - we know that and i cant blame him for earning a few generations of b/millions.

But please stop being a cringy super hero - we know you are not Hendo

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

I would have been ok if he just came out and said, "**** hell - the money here is great!" - we know that and i cant blame him for earning a few generations of b/millions.

But please stop being a cringy super hero - we know you are not Hendo

Yeah, he might have got a bit of credit for saying the financial package was too good to refuse, combined with playing less at Liverpool and getting to play every week etc.

He could have packaged it up a bit better. We all know he isn’t going to say a single word about LGBTQ whilst on the Saudi payroll.

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Henderson has done an interview with the Athletic where he's pretty much claimed that money wasn't his motivation and he's gone to Saudi Arabia to help change attitudes there.

I might not stop chuckling all day.

Says he would think about wearing rainbow laces but not if it disrespects the country.

"Everyone should be respectful of religion and culture".  But pretend Gods win, of course.

Saudi Arabia, land of the free :D 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

If it’s never been about money then why doesn’t Henderson give all the money he will earn in addition to what he was on at Liverpool to charity?

Sounds reasonable to me.

Great idea, all of his earnings above his Liverpool salary donated to an LGBTQ+ charity and he'd certainly be heading in the right direction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Saudi Arabia, land of the free

If you look over the past years and direction of travel and change, then it’s remarkable how much less unfree it has become, though it’s still nowhere near free and open, but it is changing and this league is part of the change. Still not somewhere to look at as anything other than grotesque in many regards.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

"Everyone should be respectful of religion and culture".  But pretend Gods win, of course.

Saudi Arabia, land of the free :D 

Yeah, try practising another religion in Saudi. 

6 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

That interview is the most disingenuous load of garbage I’ve read in a long time. There are a hundred better football projects out there than the Saudi league, of course he’s gone for the money. He should just admit that because most would understand it. 

The questions about the LGBTQ+ community and how he’s let them down were an excruciating read. Says he still cares but that he’s not going to make a public gesture in Saudi because he’s going to respect the culture and religion. How about don’t move to a country where you can’t speak openly in support of a cause you apparently care about.  

Honestly, he’s awful.

This, really.

Not sure if there are away fans for Ukraine in Poland? I assume so, but the reaction at the Scotland game (apart from the obvious rivalry) from the whole stadium will be interesting.

Edited by StewieGriffin

7 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

That interview is the most disingenuous load of garbage I’ve read in a long time. There are a hundred better football projects out there than the Saudi league, of course he’s gone for the money. He should just admit that because most would understand it. 

The questions about the LGBTQ+ community and how he’s let them down were an excruciating read. Says he still cares but that he’s not going to make a public gesture in Saudi because he’s going to respect the culture and religion. How about don’t move to a country where you can’t speak openly in support of a cause you apparently care about.  

Honestly, he’s awful.

Perfectly put.

I don't know how he thought saying what he has would come across as anything other than just wordplay.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â