Saudi Pro League

tomav84

22 hours ago, sne said:

Just noticed on LiveScore that they've the Saudi league as a featured league now that shows up right at the top. It's above the Conference League qualifiers today. :puke:

Wonder how much they paid for that. 

The Saudi league is also on the list of BBC scores and fixtures now..

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

The best they should aim for is some "Cup of Friendship" bollocks where the winner of the Saudi league/Asian Champions League plays the winner of the Champions League. 

That already exists? The FIFA club world cup

3 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Yeah but they could have it in Saudi every year and frame it as the magnanimous Saudi titans are inviting the Champions League peasants to have the honour of playing them. Maybe they could chuck in Newcastle and the Europa League winner and have it as a round robin.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

The best they should aim for is some "Cup of Friendship" bollocks where the winner of the Saudi league/Asian Champions League plays the winner of the Champions League. 

Maybe the Saudis could restart the Peace Cup 😝

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, villan95 said:

its being expanded too, every 4 years 32 teams i think, it should IMO replace the confederation cup or whatever its called and be the pre WC tester tournament so id guess it'll be inaugurated in 2025 in the US, based on FM qualification comes from getting to the semi finals of the CL

thats the competition that if its a huge success i can see saudi money pairing with fifa to try and make it an annual competition that challenges the CL, thats the only in for them that i see

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

A huge crowd of 1024 attended the Al Hazm v Ettifaq game. 

To put that into context, here is the average crowds in the Vanarama South, the 6th tier of English football...

Screenshot_20230819_105947.thumb.jpg.dc7d197f179840cb5ccad7d4700e69e9.jpg

The Gerrard and Hendo effect working well

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

its being expanded too, every 4 years 32 teams i think, it should IMO replace the confederation cup or whatever its called and be the pre WC tester tournament so id guess it'll be inaugurated in 2025 in the US, based on FM qualification comes from getting to the semi finals of the CL

thats the competition that if its a huge success i can see saudi money pairing with fifa to try and make it an annual competition that challenges the CL, thats the only in for them that i see

It being the winners of the champions leagues playing each other every year at least made sense though. But of course they've had to make it far more complicated.

5 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

A huge crowd of 1024 attended the Al Hazm v Ettifaq game. 

To put that into context, here is the average crowds in the Vanarama South, the 6th tier of English football...

Screenshot_20230819_105947.thumb.jpg.dc7d197f179840cb5ccad7d4700e69e9.jpg

Going to be a piece of piss for them to comply with FFP when they get their Champions League spot in 2025.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â