Saudi Pro League

tomav84

Wow being paid €700m a year for one year and getting to go to the club you’ve been wanting to go to after for free? I think he’ll go out there. Especially if he has a reported agreement in place with Real Madrid.

Huge boost for the Saudis if he does go out there for building their league.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I think the nextr step for them is to try and buy their way into UEFA so they can compete in the champions league.

That would be the death of football

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Wow being paid €700m a year for one year and getting to go to the club you’ve been wanting to go to after for free? I think he’ll go out there. Especially if he has a reported agreement in place with Real Madrid.

Huge boost for the Saudis if he does go out there for building their league.

Don’t see why he would possibly turn it down. It’s win win for him. He goes collects more money than you could spend, scores loads, leaves Paris where he doesn’t want to be and then joins Madrid.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It changes things because it's no longer players going for one last payday at the end of their careers. It's (arguably) the world's best player at the peak of his career.

All the previous money leagues from round the world like MLS and China have never managed that. Which means the esteem remains in Europe. That's where the best players in the world play. You can go to China and USA for money but you're not playing with the best of the best anymore.

That's where we currently are with Saudi. But if they start to attract players like Mbappe then the floodgates will open

But he would be going for a payday, supposedly a 1 year deal.  Then he signs for Madrid next summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

$13m a week!! Jesus wept!! Ridiculous. Also gets the ability to walk away for free next summer still. Mental. 

Drop in the ocean for their sports washing project. It won’t happen but it’s very bad for football to offer these rumoured sums both in wage and fee. 

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Don’t see why he would possibly turn it down. It’s win win for him. He goes collects more money than you could spend, scores loads, leaves Paris where he doesn’t want to be and then joins Madrid.

Possibly becoming a near billionaire/a billionaire by the time he’s in his late 20s as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

If he went, his ego would be unmanageable on his return:  no club would have financial leverage on him so he’d be more of a loose canon than he already is

He could genuinely purchase a big club and be player-chairman. 

The story this time next season will be Mbappe negotiating to purchase his next club :D 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

If he went, his ego would be unmanageable on his return:  no club would have financial leverage on him so he’d be more of a loose canon than he already is

He could genuinely purchase a big club and be player-chairman. 

Well this contract with PSG already has him at DOF level 😜

20 minutes ago, duke313 said:

But he would be going for a payday, supposedly a 1 year deal.  Then he signs for Madrid next summer.

That's just a sweetener to get him over there. Once he's there he won't be going back down to £52m a year when he's on £700m.

7 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

That's just a sweetener to get him over there. Once he's there he won't be going back down to £52m a year when he's on £700m.

Only £52m? How will he get by?

He'll be back to Europe in a shot when Madrid come calling.  So would Ronaldo for that matter, and all the others.

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Only £52m? How will he get by?

He'll be back to Europe in a shot when Madrid come calling.  So would Ronaldo for that matter, and all the others.

Let's wait and see. I'll quote you on this in a years time if he goes this summer 😁

Maybe he would be allowed to join them on loan, who knows? 

Oh, and he's already on £52m a year at PSG, I'm not sure if Madrid could afford those wages even now. 

If Mbappe has to stay in France for another year before he goes to Madrid then it doesn't make much difference if he pops off to Saudi and collects a billion. French League, Saudi League, both tinpot. Not like he's missing a chance at a decent title.

I know it's easy to say when you don't have hundreds of millions on the line but I would refuse to go out there out of principle. It's not as if he won't be paid mega money at Real Madrid anyway.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â