Saudi Pro League

tomav84

6 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Looks like they are starting work on the teams lower down in the Saudi pyramid. As of now level 3 in Saudi would be like League 2/Conference level right?

I'm in peak fan condition. I'd be perfect for Saudi Division 3. Or a manager. I am able to get many magic moments from a quality street tin.

• Like 1

Anyone bored and with some free time and nothing to do up for making a 3 circle Venn diagram of how many signings to the league that are A: Mendes clients, B: Super League club/ Newcastle players, C  Muslims.

For all the talk of them just signing anyone I feel like there is a pretty clear strategy behind a lot of the signings.

Edited by sne

1 minute ago, Jono62 said:

I'm in peak fan condition. I'd be perfect for Saudi Division 3. Or a manager. I am able to get many magic moments from a quality street tin.

I’m thinking to lace my boots up myself 😂or learn some coaching badges 

It must be below leagie 1 level because a lot of league 1 players can still pull in more than that per week. In fact i think a lot of the rest of their div 1 players, outside of the star names, are league1/championship quality at best. Al Qadsiah are trying to pad out their squad, they are second div and have ex wigan midfielder max power and joel robles, mbiaye diagne too who was at west brom

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I’m thinking to lace my boots up myself 😂or learn some coaching badges 

I'll print so fake coaching badges, lose my first 5 games and get sacked. Profit.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

And people still think Newcastle won't be able to spend big money and compete at the very highest level. They are in a for a hell of a shock in the coming years. 

Its only a matter of time now sadly.

2 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

Looks like they are starting work on the teams lower down in the Saudi pyramid. As of now level 3 in Saudi would be like League 2/Conference level right?

Not a chance. 

Right now, their division 1 is like League 1 (topped up with 2 PL quality players in each of their top teams).

Their division 2 will be like our 9th division. 

Their divisions 3 will be like 12 random men playing local Sunday league.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Not a chance. 

Right now, their division 1 is like League 1 (topped up with 2 PL quality players in each of their top teams).

Their division 2 will be like our 9th division. 

Their divisions 3 will be like 12 random men playing local Sunday league.

The most immediate goal is to make the top 4 state-funded teams competitive enough to not embarrass themselves with the Club World Cup. Have a few shiny stadiums and play host to events in the off-season, all in time for a potential World Cup bid in either 2030 or 2034. It’s not about the overall health of the Saudi footballing pyramid. 

3 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

I've got feet like Pele, but I run like Ironside...  maybe they'd be happy sticking me in goal?  

next stop Saudi, I'll go pump the tyres up on my wheelchair - I'm assuming they're not backwards at all and are a progressive society with no hang ups about people with disabilities.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I saw a kid in the airport wearing full Al Nassr kit with Ronaldo on the back. An English kid about 8 years old. Is this the new generation of fans we keep hearing about? There’s no way I’d be allowing that if it was me ☹️

Off with his head! 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â