Pau Torres

Delphinho123

40 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Regarding his international career, he again didn't get minutes in either of the last two internationals.

It looks like Dani Vivian is now Laporte's preferred partner (I've no idea who he is if I'm honest) and it looks like Cubarsi is third choice. Is Pau seen purely as understudy to Laporte?

He’s doesn’t appear to be anywhere near as highly regarded in Spain as he is by Villa supporters. To be fair, he seems to be far more highly regarded by Villa supporters than anyone else.

Makes sense-we see more of him and believe (perhaps correctly) we have a better understanding/appreciation. On the other hand we view him through claret glasses, it’s one thing for us to be critical of our players but we are very sensitive to negative views from the outside.

1 hour ago, grantholtgolazo said:

He’s doesn’t appear to be anywhere near as highly regarded in Spain as he is by Villa supporters. To be fair, he seems to be far more highly regarded by Villa supporters than anyone else.

Makes sense-we see more of him and believe (perhaps correctly) we have a better understanding/appreciation. On the other hand we view him through claret glasses, it’s one thing for us to be critical of our players but we are very sensitive to negative views from the outside.

To be fair I wouldn't play him for Spain. Pau gives vision from the back and ability to break the lines with his passes.  At the expense of strength and aggression .  When you have Pedri Gavi Olmo in midfield and the lack of a fast striker who will turn a defence , there's no need for a Pau type player IMO. 

Was a brilliant pass in the first half to release Ramsey for I think the disallowed goal.

Again that's what he brings over a more dominant stopper who can move on the turn quicker e.g. Mings or another CB of that profile.

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Regarding his international career, he again didn't get minutes in either of the last two internationals.

It looks like Dani Vivian is now Laporte's preferred partner (I've no idea who he is if I'm honest) and it looks like Cubarsi is third choice. Is Pau seen purely as understudy to Laporte?

Le Nomad surpassed him a bit in last few years aswell and now got the big Atletico move.

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Le Nomad surpassed him a bit in last few years aswell and now got the big Atletico move.

Yeah I couldn't see Le Normand in the recent couple of squads. Not sure if he's injured or what.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â