Pau Torres

Delphinho123

I could post this on a number of player threads, but it seems most relevant here....

We need to reconsider our expectations of players roles and duties under Unai. We're moving into an era of 'elite' football, a centre half doesn't need to be a big snotter any more - Unai has given us a player that can start attacks from the edge of our own box. So he's not so strong, so he get's beaten on the track every now and then. so what? He's also moving the ball into midfield, taking players out of the press, he's also setting up chances from our own half.

Criticise his defending all you want (which, BTW, is still superb) but do not do so without acknowledging everything else he's doing

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

I could post this on a number of player threads, but it seems most relevant here....

We need to reconsider our expectations of players roles and duties under Unai. We're moving into an era of 'elite' football, a centre half doesn't need to be a big snotter any more - Unai has given us a player that can start attacks from the edge of our own box. So he's not so strong, so he get's beaten on the track every now and then. so what? He's also moving the ball into midfield, taking players out of the press, he's also setting up chances from our own half.

Criticise his defending all you want (which, BTW, is still superb) but do not do so without acknowledging everything else he's doing

On another day he ends that game with a goal and an assist. Bizarrely I had a feeling he would score on the way there. Was going to bet on 2-0 with Pau any time goal scorer. With all the traffic I totally forgot which is just as well because I would have lost. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, villaglint said:

On another day he ends that game with a goal and an assist. Bizarrely I had a feeling he would score on the way there. Was going to bet on 2-0 with Pau any time goal scorer. With all the traffic I totally forgot which is just as well because I would have lost. 

Well, praise the traffic for saving you money, but also, that's what we're dealing with now, CBs scoring and assisting, CDM's going in goal, Bailey popping up at CB, Unai got us rattled and I love it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â