Pau Torres

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Raising my hand as a so called "Villa fan".

He had a good game tonight (and was defensively superb, as was Carlos) - but can you see the difference in our setup from Ipswich to Bayern?

When the game is more open (read: We have more possession/position) AND when his passing is off - he's an easy target for opposition forwards.

He starts because of his passing, not because of his defending.

I saw things in him tonight that I’ve seen before but not often enough. He was more aggressive in his defending and I’m not sure that was because of the setup or because of who the opponent was.

Saying he’s a poor defender (pretty sure you’re not there) is just hyperbole. He’s pivotal to how we play and a huge cog in our build play but I’m mainly pointing out that the guy is a **** good defender. Maybe its the setup in some games but he has it in him to do be both a brilliant defender and  brilliant passer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

He’s in the top 5 footballing CB’s in world football. 

He really is. Can't think of 5 CBs that we have faced I want over him. So calm on the ball. In modern football you defend first by just keeping the ball. Pau is key to our possession game and can also key our transition play as well. Amazing player. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Such a Pau finish.

I'll just bring this down and roll it into the corner.

He is such a cool headed player, 90% of center halves would have had a rush of blood in that situation. 

A disallowed goal, a world class assist, and passing that any player on the pitch last night would have been proud off. 

From a CB. The kid is a special player. 

• Like 1

I watched that pass on repeat more than Duran's finish. It's like the most elegant golf shot. He's done that a few times. Such a classy player and seems overall so calm and just generally impressive tbh. 

He’s an amazing player. I’ve never understood the stick that he gets. The press from Bayern was incredible and relentless and Pau never panicked. Not even once. He is so incredibly calm and he just glides across the pitch.

We need more players with his technical ability and composure. He’s also a very talented defender. A top all round player. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

He’s an amazing player. I’ve never understood the stick that he gets. The press from Bayern was incredible and relentless and Pau never panicked. Not even once. He is so incredibly calm and he just glides across the pitch.

We need more players with his technical ability and composure. He’s also a very talented defender. A top all round player. 

Do you not? Really? He's often slow and weak. Gets roasted more than a top centre half should. Directly beaten.

Doesn't matter though, his thing is his thing.

His ultimate strength is it doesn't matter the scenario in the game... he will play it around, he will pass it, he will carry it forward.

Unaffected by nerves that affect normal players. Confidence spreads from his willingness to play.

Brilliant yesterday. I went Watkins MOTM but Pau was very close.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

There's not a player in our team that makes that pass, let alone a defender.

Starts every attack, retains possession, dictates play from centre back

And he's very good at defending. He might not be elite, but he's still very good. And last night he was absolutely excellent at it.

Those saying he should be replaced need to give their head a **** wobble. The guy is class

Tielemans would have tbf.

• Like 2

If he was just a bit better in the air and had a yard more pace he’d be the best defender in world football.

I’m perfectly happy by the way with him almost being the best defender in world football.

Unreal performance on Wednesday and my MoTM although it wasn’t an easy selection, to put that performance in after having the goal disallowed which will surely have been a massive disappointment for him spoke volumes for his professionalism and application.

Have to give him all the credit in the world after such a high quality performance. But you can apply that to the whole defence. He needs to back it up on Sunday though because he can maintain those levels every match then he will be a top class elite player.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â