Pau Torres

Delphinho123

4 hours ago, Anything11 said:

Well he did. In defence he was the left of a back four and slid across to a back three with cash pushing up when in possession.

But it’s not exactly out of position is it? We had 63% possession he spent the majority of the game as a left sided central defender 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Funny how some see the game differently, he seemed to be playing left sided centre back from my perspective 

Emery described it as a back three for what that’s worth - Pau, Mings, Konsa. But the truth is these things can be fluid.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Looked a little uncomfortable as a left back. Think the Konsa at RB experiment worked better. This is what preseason is for though.

Torres still managed to make some lovely passes though.

Yeah, I'd agree with that - certainly something a bit different for him to have a go at. If all options are available, I'd go with Moreno - Mings - Torres - Konsa. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Emery described it as a back three for what that’s worth - Pau, Mings, Konsa. But the truth is these things can be fluid.

Oh yes it was glaringly obvious to anybody watching the game. And yes ai agree with the system being fluid hence why I always say that Emery’s tactics are not set in stone when it comes to some posters getting shot down whenever they mention a potential attacking rb we may sign.

On 31/07/2023 at 14:31, duke313 said:

Nothing stopping Emery inverting the system and playing a defensive LB and attacking RB, rather than defensive RB and attacking LB.

Torres (or Mings) should be well suited to that role.

I think this will be the plan.

Last season I was a bit concerned that it was just one system, and the more our stock grew, the more clubs would study it and " find us out ".

Being able to switch it up, both on the sides, and in defense and attack, makes me feel better.

Opponents will be confused.

On 30/07/2023 at 19:09, Pinebro said:

Screw that.

Play Moreno and Cash and tell them both to bomb forward.

Attack is the best defence I say

it is, as long as you don't give the ball away with any regularity.

like all one liners, they have caveats.

• Like 1

Just now, Feidhlim said:

Ok... I know it's early, I know it's preseason and I'm not writing anyone off.

With that said, Pau Torres has not passed the eyeball test this preseason for me.

I’d put it down to the picture quality. 

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He's learning and only just joined the club. Cut him some slack 

Oh I’m not judging him - but it’s not the easiest to come into a new club and learn a new position - ergo Emery not doing him any favours by asking him to play what looks like out of his comfort zone. 

10 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Oh I’m not judging him - but it’s not the easiest to come into a new club and learn a new position - ergo Emery not doing him any favours by asking him to play what looks like out of his comfort zone. 

Emery knows what he can do at CB, pre-season is the time to see if he can cut it as a wider CB. No harm in trying things. 

1 hour ago, Feidhlim said:

Ok... I know it's early, I know it's preseason and I'm not writing anyone off.

With that said, Pau Torres has not passed the eyeball test this preseason for me.

Its a friendly, he has been used at a left back and is still getting use to the team.

Lets see how he does in more important games in his natural position 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â