Pau Torres

Delphinho123

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yeah, the £40+ rumours were scaring me to be honest. If £31m is true, that looks an good deal in the stupid world of 2023 footballer prices.

He's a very good footballer who isn't suited to the PL IMO. Fortunately we have manager who can work round that.

Also, it is probably the idea of him in the PL concerning me more than the reality will. Many sides don't 'knock it up to a big man' any more. It could catch him out, but he may deal with it much better than I think. If Lisandro Martinez can deal with it, I think Torres should be able to figure it out.

Anyone from Villarreal, Emery knows so so well. That's what I'm hanging on to. He is putting his name to this saying this is the man we need, he will massively improve us.

Bit like Gerrard with Coutinho I suppose. Emery is 500x the manager of Gerrard so I'm looking forward to seeing what we do.

Maybe I’m just ridiculously optimistic, but I feel this is one of those deals that clubs will absolutely kick themselves for letting us get him. 
I would hope he’s too clever for the sort of players that would give him a hard time like you mention.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I bet we will. I can see why torres has been signed. When mings is injured we do terribly

There will be rotation something we need bad

I think we'll see Mings and Konsa or Carlos as outside of Torres in an on possession back 3

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Quite Frankly, I am in my Oil tot, about this.....I saw him as a player, a bit beyond our reach....maybe a player for the top six teams in Europe.....which we will soon be.

I am also surprised at the doubt about a Centre Back as priority......They say " you build from the back" so I see it as a real astute piece of business, in building the strength of the team.

I also think, while he is a defender, he will enhance the offensive side of our game with his technique and being football Savvy...getting the ball back to front, quicker.

Tyrone will still be the colossus, but we now have class at the back.....I am very, very happy with this news.

I think it's underestimated, just how much a classy, modern, progressive CB actually adds to the attack if you want to play like a top side.

You only have to see the likes of Man City and Stones et al as an example of this.

• Like 1

What a signing!

Seen plenty of Pau Torres and I'd probably describe him as very similar to Mellberg, brilliant anticipation and reading of the game and excellent leadership qualities.

What a quartet of CBs to compete domestically and in europe next season.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We'll be pulling up to Conference League games with a Carlos - Konsa CB partnership, jeez.

Opposition managers be saying to their team, nothing to worry about lads we've got some unseeded English team 

58 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I bet we will. I can see why torres has been signed. When mings is injured we do terribly

There will be rotation something we need bad

Plus Mings is now in his 30s - Torres could be at CB for us for 5-7 years. Rather get that process started now. But I think you’re right that the key thing is we now don’t need to fall apart if any one player is missing - we have good options for every position (bar Watkins at this point, perhaps, and Martinez…)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Surely that’s about fair for a good defender going into the last 12 months of their contract? 

Not when his release clause was €70m and his market value is at least €55m.

He's obviously been signed in case Emi1 gets injured and we have to put Olsen in the sticks. We'll need as much defensive help as we can get if that happens.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â