Pau Torres

Delphinho123

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Do you have evidence it isnt true? Just saying we are according to the links seem to have hit brick walls so far with our top targets.

Of course its still early days but i think we want our main targets in for pre season like most clubs

Links are bollocks. I'll repeat it again Simon Jordan ex owner of Palace says media makes up links. Asks Levy if Spurs interested in Maddison per media links Levy says no not interested and previous conversation said media write what they want to write. We've been mostly tight lipped about transfers since NWSE and few weeks ago some Twitter account did players linked with Villa since January and it took 2 tweets because it was +60 names and we've been linked with another 10 at least so yeah TLDR most links are bollocks

But people in here choose to get upset over bullshit links because I don't know, they get off over signings more than match results?

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Most of the links on here (that inexplicably got their own threads) have been made up nonsense, which annoyed one or two posters for me to point out but there we go.

That's where I'm at. I'm not "unhappy". I want to make good signings. I just baulk at posts saying we're being turned down by players that we have probably had no contact with

So the thinking is that 2 left footed CB's can't play together is that they are generally not as good with their weak foot compared to right footed CB's?  Because right footed CB pairings is rather common and no one seem to be bothered.

Anyway, Pau Torres has 3 stars out of 5 on his weak foot on FIFA 23. I just checked :D 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's where I'm at. I'm not "unhappy". I want to make good signings. I just baulk at posts saying we're being turned down by players that we have probably had no contact with

Yep. Like Nico Williams which was clearly a load of rubbish and I pointed it out weeks ago, causing quite some anger from one poster in particular. 

They aren't turning us down if we aren't after them in the first place. A hell of a lot of work goes into signing a player and most links are dubious at best.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

AFAIK the only player we were in for that turned us down was Asensio and even he did an about turn because of PSG. He was going to sign for us until they offered him the world. 

I said in a previous thread that this would be a slow and protracted window for us as well as for clubs in general, according to a couple of agents I've spoken to.

Most of the links on here (that inexplicably got their own threads) have been made up nonsense, which annoyed one or two posters for me to point out but there we go.

Torres would certainly be a  great signing if we could get it done.

We have been linked with asenio, williams, torres heavily barring the latter ones left for psg and oather aigninv new contract with their club.

All im saying is it seems ut will be frustrating as they wont get their top targets it seems

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yep. Like Nico Williams which clearly a load of rubbish and I pointed it out weeks ago, causing quite some anger from one poster in particular. 

They aren't turning us down if we aren't after them in the first place.

Are there any players that you think we've been trying to sign yet or are the everyone at the club taking an extra long holiday?

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Links are bollocks. I'll repeat it again Simon Jordan ex owner of Palace says media makes up links. Asks Levy if Spurs interested in Maddison per media links Levy says no not interested and previous conversation said media write what they want to write. We've been mostly tight lipped about transfers since NWSE and few weeks ago some Twitter account did players linked with Villa since January and it took 2 tweets because it was +60 names and we've been linked with another 10 at least so yeah TLDR most links are bollocks

But people in here choose to get upset over bullshit links because I don't know, they get off over signings more than match results?

Just to answer you piint im not upset in any capacity im expanded what i meant in the post above 🙂

Just now, Demitri_C said:

We have been linked with asenio, williams, torres heavily barring the latter ones left for psg and oather aigninv new contract with their club.

All im saying is it seems ut will be frustrating as they wont get their top targets it seems

Asensio was unfortunate. We cant compete with the middle east clubs sadly.

You'd need to prove we were even interested in Williams and what that level of interest was before being frustrated that we didn't get him. 

Just now, sne said:

Are there any players that you think we've been trying to sign yet or are the everyone at the club taking an extra long holiday?

Asensio I heard was almost a done deal until PSG got involved. That's all I know other than to expect a slow window. And that's generally speaking.

• Like 1

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

Asensio was unfortunate. We cant compete with the middle east clubs sadly.

You'd need to prove we were even interested in Williams and what that level of interest was before being frustrated that we didn't get him. 

How can we prove any player we were linked with though? Its like me saying to you  prove to me we weren't after him? Neither of us can as we dont work for the club and dont know who the clubs targeting.

Still plenty of time and i trust the process

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How can we prove any player we were linked with though? Its like me saying to you  prove to me we weren't after him? Neither of us can as we dont work for the club and dont know who the clubs targeting.

Still plenty of time and i trust the process

And that's fine, but then there's no point being frustrated if we don't get a player that we can't prove we were even after.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sne said:

So the thinking is that 2 left footed CB's can't play together is that they are generally not as good with their weak foot compared to right footed CB's?  Because right footed CB pairings is rather common and no one seem to be bothered.

Anyway, Pau Torres has 3 stars out of 5 on his weak foot on FIFA 23. I just checked :D 

I did an analysis in this thread or the Summer transfers. Conclusion: there are more right footed players than left = far fewer left-footed CB pairings are even possible.

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

And that's fine, but then there's no point being frustrated if we don't get a player that we can't prove we were even after.

Im not frustrated - im merely saying it seems to be a frustarting start to the window for the recruitment team of we are missing out on our main targets

58 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Pointless argument. Konsa lots of games with Mings in Championship which is closest league to PL and I wouldn't just throw Carlos into start having no idea how he's come back from injury so moot point

The difference between the championship and PL is night and day especially in the past 3 years I’d say it’s closer to La Liga than the championship. Konsa signed for us when we got promoted. Mings played 11 games for us in the championship his extended run of games in the championship prior was at Ipswich back in 2014 football has changed a lot since then.

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Only speaking for myself it's not that they can't play together it's just that you don't really ever see it happen, and a lot of coaches etc that work in the game would say playing a left-sided CB on their "wrong" side is something they'd actively avoid doing. As there's such a larger amount of right-footed players, it's perfectly normal for them to have played as a LCB all through their life and be more comfortable in the role, whereas due to being more of a rarity a left-footed defender will have been utilised as such throughout their career from youth level up, and wouldn't have the same comfortability on their weaker side.

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â