Youri Tielemans

thejoker

1 hour ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Now he's better than Dougie ever was.

What was it O'Leary said about us again? 

I mean, at least 33% of this forum are either trolls, wind up merchants or just perpetually negative. 

• Like 4

He always had an eye for a pass, vision, his fitness and confidence wasn't great but that could be recovered, vision cannot be taught, you either have it or you don't. 

Hes also a clever player, he doesn't waste the ball as much as he did, learning Emery's philosophy more and more. 

Defensively he's stronger than Doug, not as rash, presses but doesn't push, grap or lunge, Doug always had that in his game and it was his biggest weakness. Great on the ball, poor off it. 

Edited by tinker

18 minutes ago, tinker said:

He always had an eye for a pass, vision, his fitness and confidence wasn't great but that could be recovered, vision cannot be taught, you either have it or you don't. 

Hes also a clever player, he doesn't waste the ball as much as he did, learning Emery's philosophy more and more. 

Defensively he's stronger than Doug, not as rash, presses but doesn't push, grap or lunge, Doug always had that in his game and it was his biggest weakness. Great on the ball, poor off it. 

This is very true- Doug loved a stupid foul, particularly against pogba in the penalty area 

He is just a joy to watch. Was just breezing past their midfielders on the turn endless times in first half. Also knows exactly when to play the pass forward. 

If he played in Serie A he'd probably be the best 8 midfielder so that's the quality we now have at the club.

Incredible to think a year ago he wasn't even starting league games!

Edited by VillaChris

Couldn't watch the game so have just skipped through it on replay and from maybe five minutes of play across the game I can already tell he was absolutely class and instrumental in moving things around in midfield.

What was he joking about with Duran and Jaden at the end? Great to see

I think we need to start resting him a bit more. We need him like this all season. But man, when Kamara's back up to speed that'll no doubt be the best midfield duo in the league. With Onana and Barkley to deputise. What a time to be alive

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I think we need to start resting him a bit more. We need him like this all season. But man, when Kamara's back up to speed that'll no doubt be the best midfield duo in the league. With Onana and Barkley to deputise. What a time to be alive

Tielemans, Kamara, Onana and Barkley for two positions. Wow 🤩 what a squad we have.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â