Youri Tielemans

thejoker

The perfect modern central mid. Keeps things ticking in a creative way , not the Mark Kinsella way. He has learned Emery's system and now is flourishing in it and conducting the orchestra. 

Our player of the season so far. If he keeps this up, I think we will struggle to hang on to him, I genuinely think he is Barcelona and Real Madrid level.

He’s playing better this season than Luiz did last season, and I don’t think there is recency bias.

He looks good with Onana, and also with Barkley at the end of games. Will be interesting how well he links with Kamara. 

He’s a joy to watch. The way he receives the ball and moves it around the pitch is just effortless. He rarely loses possession but what is so brilliant about him is, he wants to hurt the opposition with every pass. He doesn’t just move the ball sideways, he wants to play through teams. His weight of pass through the lines to Rogers, Watkins, Ramsey, whoever is just so lethal. He cuts teams open over and over again. Sometimes it isn’t the pass that leads directly to a goal, but the pass that gets us on the front foot, driving toward the opposition goal. 

If you held a POTS vote today, he would, or at least should, be getting 100% of the vote. He’s been beyond excellent. 

• Like 4

This fella was just keeping his jets cool last season, what an absolute baller and the main strength of our midfield. 

Now before @NurembergVillan can drag up my quote from about 12 months, I'll admit I went early on the lad after the start of last season.

I was wrong.... But now I'm right 😅

• Haha 1

On 21/09/2024 at 11:52, ChesterDad said:

I honestly believe that too many were overthinking Youri when he came to the club. Sure he wasn’t playing well - but even then there were tiny glimpses of how good he was. My personal view of him at that time was it’s only a matter of time.

Great player and a brilliant attitude 

I think I was in that camp to be honest. I always saw Tielamans as replaceable as his lack of pace & mobility scared me a little.

But Tielemans is another player making me eat my own words & I am here for that all day long. 

11 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

It's incredible to see the difference in a player when they are enjoying their football Vs not enjoying their football.

And it's the major reason the fans should support the players through the good times and the bad.

Performance levels are night and day.

Can’t stress this enough 

31 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Best midfielder we've ever had in the PL?

Bit early to judge on that as he’s only made approximately 50 odd appearances for us. He’s been very very good though, especially this season and his confidence must be so high at present.

I would personally hold Barry and Petrov higher but Tielemans is probably playing some of his best football right now, so if he continues with these performances for a further 100 appearances, then yes he’s in the conversation.

Edited by ferguson1

Cracking player for sure but do feel he doesn’t score enough goals for us. Only 2 league goals since he arrived.

I’d like to see him score a few more thunderbastards like he did for Leicester, definitely got it in him.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â