Youri Tielemans

thejoker

So, he has come under fire from the Belgium press, for lacking Bravery.

I think and have always thought, players with the stature of Youri and Dougie, can struggle when exposed to undue physicality. Their game can get negated, and rendered flat.

They need players around them who can help with this, and free them up.

I didn't see Belgium' s game with Italy, so I can't be forensic, in my views, but I suspect, what happened was they( Italy) "went after him" 

Youri, when he is allowed to be, is a fine, fine footballer, as is Dougie, but it can be said, players of his stature are not so hard to negate.

I think on this basis, it's so important to get team balance right.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

So, he has come under fire from the Belgium press, for lacking Bravery.

I think and have always thought, players with the stature of Youri and Dougie, can struggle when exposed to undue physicality. Their game can get negated, and rendered flat.

They need players around them who can help with this, and free them up.

I didn't see Belgium' s game with Italy, so I can't be forensic, in my views, but I suspect, what happened was they( Italy) "went after him" 

Youri, when he is allowed to be, is a fine, fine footballer, as is Dougie, but it can be said, players of his stature are not so hard to negate.

I think on this basis, it's so important to get team balance right.

Taking the ball in tight spaces and beating the press is more brave than being a hard man in modern football.

As it is I worry a bit that Youri is having to play so many minutes at the moment as he has tended to pick up niggles in the past.  I think Bailey was having to play a bit too much as well in the second half of last season and caught up with him.  Hopefully when Kamara comes back he can job share with Onana and Tielemans with Barkley so they are all fresh when it comes to the crunch from March onwards.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Taking the ball in tight spaces and beating the press is more brave than being a hard man in modern football.

As it is I worry a bit that Youri is having to play so many minutes at the moment as he has tended to pick up niggles in the past.  I think Bailey was having to play a bit too much as well in the second half of last season and caught up with him.  Hopefully when Kamara comes back he can job share with Onana and Tielemans with Barkley so they are all fresh when it comes to the crunch from March onwards.

No, they're akin to each other, but the days of having an old school 'snotter' are long gone, and players like Youri (who I rate massively) might need to adapt their game a bit. Grealish wasn't a snotter, but for an attacking player, even with all the 'diving' nonsense, he was a strong, aggressive player when he needed to be.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â