Youri Tielemans

thejoker

I dont agree that he has improved massively, he has always been class. He was injured some time at Leicester but when he got back on the pitch Dean Smith said he was first choice. There was negative noise from the Leicester fans, but that was probably mainly because of the rumours that he wouldn't sig a new contract and leave on a free. And of course after an injury anyone needs couple of games to get fully up to speed. When we signed him some said his legs were gone etc. I watched him play for Belgium shorly afterwards and wrote on here that he looked as athletic and sharp as ever. Dougie and Kamara was first choice for us at the beginning of the first season, nothing strange with that as they complemented each other perfectly and were used to play together.

Tielemans was perceived to have a slow start for us (not being up to speed etc), also this was wrong imo, he played for Belgium and was great. For us he was played further up the pitch in the Ramsey role at times as Emery tried to find a way of playing Dougie, Kamara and Tielemans in the same team, and that made him look less good as that is not his natural position, he is not the one who makes bursting runs with the ball. His natural position is CM, and he is one of the best in Europe in that position. He has been a mainstay in that position for Belgium for many years and during the years when the were ranked no 1 in the world. No he plays with Onana who is a perfect complement to him in midfield, and he has also showed that he can play with Barkley. Tielemans is simply a complete CM.

Dougie was one of my favourite Villa players ever, but Tielemans could go on and be even more important for us. Such an intelligent player and a true leader. 

On 18/09/2024 at 13:34, 6065_Villa said:

He's playing really well just now and his fitness looks to be up another level from last season.

Love watching him  play at the minute, he looks like he's gliding across the pitch.

That's great and I agree with the second line and love to read that, but it's the first line I don't want to become like an established truth. Wasn't it for example the Arsenal game last season where he ran the midfield all game and then made that half of the length of the pitch run back in defense at the end of the game? How could his fitness level be better than that game for example?

I think he looks better because he and his teammates continually improves under Emery.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â