Youri Tielemans

thejoker

26 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Youri sometimes looks like he's about 9 years old to me. His face is very boyish looking, especially when his cheeks are all red. It's funny. But his playing, it's about as mature as it gets.

I've always noted it... 

It appears only you and myself are still in high school lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

He is far more consistent than Luiz ever were.

You always know you'll get a 7 or an 8/10 performance from Youri most weeks

Yes, but Luiz gave us many 9 and 10’s as well as a few 4-5’s.  Whereas Tielemans gives us 7-8’s most weeks.  Which is better? 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Yes, but Luiz gave us many 9 and 10’s as well as a few 4-5’s.  Whereas Tielemans gives us 7-8’s most weeks.  Which is better? 🤷‍♂️

Tielemans is also capable of 9s and 10s easily.

He's been class for end of last season (when he was the best pairing option with McGinn with Kamara out). His vision, passing, and movement are great. Ridiculous we got him for free, as has been pointed out. Cannot wait to see him in UCL.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

It's amazing how many have such short memories. Luiz was POTS the season before last and until the last 3 months of last season when he was moved back to the 6 role, easily up there as one of our better players. 10 goals and 10 assists confirm that playing as an 8. Funny how he's now gone he's become either shit or not as good as he was.

Youri is playing really well at the moment and currently our best midfielder imo but the disrespect on Luiz is astonishing. Like I said short memories.  

Its like kidding yourself your new Mrs is better than you ex who was a dirty hottie who left you for financial reasons 

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

It's amazing how many have such short memories. Luiz was POTS the season before last and until the last 3 months of last season when he was moved back to the 6 role, easily up there as one of our better players. 10 goals and 10 assists confirm that playing as an 8. Funny how he's now gone he's become either shit or not as good as he was.

Youri is playing really well at the moment and currently our best midfielder imo but the disrespect on Luiz is astonishing. Like I said short memories.  

Not as disrespectful as some Juve fans. Luiz hasn’t had a great start, A Juve fan recently tweeted:

“Appare chiaro che per prendere Alisha Lehmann abbiamo dovuto inserire nel pacchetto anche Douglas Luiz.”

translation:

“…evidently Juventus had to get Douglas Luiz as part of the package deal to sign Alisha Lehmann,”

😂😂😂

https://football-italia.net/juventus-fans-teammates-terrible-douglas-luiz/

Yet another player i had written off, and wanted sold at one point. 

Some turnaround. Its incredible seeing the progress of so many players under Emery.

Worth what, 40-50mill right now?

Him and Kamara on free's is some of the best transfer business in the last 10 years, across the world imo. £100+ million of combined talent on a free transfer 🙂

Dougie was a quality player for us . 2/3rds of last season he was on fire.  So important in terms of goals and penalties and assists and set pieces 

Have we managed to look like a team that doesn't really miss him though ?  100 percent yes  . 

Youri can do everything that Dougie could. He can. On a good day he is just as good. No argument.  And his bad days are arguably less bad . 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Luiz is not shit. He's a very good player.

But even when I was here I said he was elevated by Kamara's performances next to him. Luiz' best period in the team exactly coincided with Kamara being added to the team, and then dipping again once Kamara left.

That's not a slight on Luiz, plenty of players play their best football next to a partner they click with.
But I think there's a very good argument that without Kamara in the side, Tielemans is a better player than Luiz

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Luiz is not shit. He's a very good player.

But even when I was here I said he was elevated by Kamara's performances next to him. Luiz' best period in the team exactly coincided with Kamara being added to the team, and then dipping again once Kamara left.

That's not a slight on Luiz, plenty of players play their best football next to a partner they click with.
But I think there's a very good argument that without Kamara in the side, Tielemans is a better player than Luiz

I don't completely agree tbh. Luiz was excellent the back end of Emery's first season when Kamara was out when he won the POTS. Having Kamara next to him last season though allowed him more freedom to roam and do other things, just as you can say not having Kamara and having to drop back into a deeper role restricted him once again the last few months. Many players in the team were knackered by then.

The same though could be said of Tielemans in fairness. Currently he's had a very good Onana next to him doing much of the dirty work in midfield allowing him to be more progressive in his play. Leave Onana or Kamara out and against better teams Tielemans will also get swamped in midfield is my guess. 

I think they're both great players tbh but there is a selectiveness going on in regard to Luiz and how good he was when ultimately our best form under Emery was with Luiz pulling the strings in midfield. Time will be the judge on whether not we look better without Luiz but thus far I think it's far too early to be making those statements.  

• Like 4

Don't think we need to put down Doug to big up Tielemans, it's a trap we always fall into with players.

That being said, I think Doug might have been a bit overrated and Tielemans underrated.

That's not me taking anything away from Doug either.

I mean overrated in the sense that some were adamant we couldn't create an equal or better midfield unit without him in it.

With the players we currently have.

I think sentiment was heavily at play.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

Will happily admit he has proven me wrong, I thought he was past it when leaving Leicester and in his opening games for us but has been brilliant signing for us. His technique and his range of passing is just so good

I think him being sort of back up last season has actually refreshed him as he had played a lot of games for his age

On 16/09/2024 at 10:00, avfc1982am said:

Leave Onana or Kamara out and against better teams Tielemans will also get swamped in midfield is my guess.

Tielemans ran the show at The Emirates last season with McGinn next to him.

Edited by Tom13

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â