Youri Tielemans

thejoker

On 20/08/2024 at 09:20, Stevo985 said:

A 10/10 Tielemans is a much better player than a 10/10 Luiz

I'd argue the opposite. If you can argue anything against Doug, it was consistency...several times he faded in the second half of the season.

27 minutes ago, TomC said:

I'd argue the opposite. If you can argue anything against Doug, it was consistency...several times he faded in the second half of the season.

He faded in the second half of the season because he didn’t have Kamara alongside him making him look good

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He faded in the second half of the season because he didn’t have Kamara alongside him making him look good

Except that he'd done it before Kamara got there...I think it was 2020-21 the first time it happened.

Anyway, I'd still take peak Doug over peak Tielemans. But he's gone, and he wasn't always at his peak, so I don't get that choice.

On 24/08/2024 at 19:51, lexicon said:

He was superb. Tackling brilliant too.

Yeah, it’s a side of his game that has really developed in his time here. Very tenacious in the tackle and so good at intercepting the ball then retaining possession. 

The way i see it.....Doug gave us time on the ball in midfield, he was very calm on the ball. Tielemans is always looking to play the ball quickly, to create. This means our games played at a quicker pace, the downside is we lose possession when the play breaks down and possession stats are showing that. I'm sure Emery is aware of it and will be trying to slow us down a bit to help us gain some control of games.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rodders129 said:

Did anyone notice that skill he did when he dragged the ball back through his legs and onto his left foot to pass it up to Rogers…it’s one of the sickest things I’ve seen from a Villa player

is he poorly? how long or just a 24/48 hour thing? 

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s a brilliant player. Needs to be rotated out whenever possible to keep him fit. 

gonna be interesting when Kamara is back, and we have Kamara, Tielemans, Onana and possibly Barrenechea (if he doesnt go out on loan), to pick from/rotate.

edit: forgot about Barkley......maybe Barrenechea will go out on loan in Jan if kamara is back and fit by Nov.

Having Kamara, Onana, Tielemans, Barkley and Barrenechea competing for a midfield 2 in Jan, sounds a little overkill (assumong no major injuries).

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

gonna be interesting when Kamara is back, and we have Kamara, Tielemans, Onana and possibly Barrenechea (if he doesnt go out on loan), to pick from/rotate.

edit: forgot about Barkley......maybe Barrenechea will go out on loan in Jan if kamara is back and fit by Nov.

Having Kamara, Onana, Tielemans, Barkley and Barrenechea competing for a midfield 2 in Jan, sounds a little overkill (assumong no major injuries).

Depends. If we are competing seriously in the Premier League, Champions League, League Cup and FA Cup it may seem just about right,

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s a brilliant player. Needs to be rotated out whenever possible to keep him fit. 

I agree but when he has a couple of weeks out he’s seems to need a couple of games to get back up to speed again. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Don’t include Kamara right now. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â