Youri Tielemans

thejoker

His performances keep getting better and better. I think he's perfect partner for CM with Onana. I don't see how Kamara gets into the team when he's back fit

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

His performances keep getting better and better. I think he's perfect partner for CM with Onana. I don't see how Kamara gets into the team when he's back fit

Kamara walks back into any team in the league bar Man City as soon as he’s fit. But agreed Tielemans is looking class.

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Kamara walks back into any team in the league bar Man City as soon as he’s fit. But agreed Tielemans is looking class.

Kamara isn't going back into the team with the current setup

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Agreed, Kamara + Onana isn't the right combination, not ball progression

Tbf I think he is very similar to Luiz.

The transition has gone smooth so far

Problem is if he gets injured and we are gonna have to rely on Barkley

Edited by Pinebro
  • Shocked 1

26 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I think that’s an absolutely mad perspective - zero chance he doesn’t start - but hey I’d rather we were chatting about too many quality midfielders than not enough! Guess we’ll see. UTV.

9 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I think that’s an absolutely mad perspective - zero chance he doesn’t start - but hey I’d rather we were chatting about too many quality midfielders than not enough! Guess we’ll see. UTV.

Well he isn't playing ahead of Onana if he keeps playing like that is he

And he isn't a box to box midfielder so he isn't taking Tielemans place

I would like to understand your reasoning here

You like him as a player fine but why should he play ahead of Onana based on yesterday's performance and how good Onana was in pre season?

Edited by Pinebro

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

Well he isn't playing ahead of Onana if he keeps playing like that is he

And he isn't a box to box midfielder so he isn't taking Tielemans place

I would like to understand your reasoning here

You like him as a player fine but why should he play ahead of Onana based on yesterday's performance and how good Onana was in pre season?

The key to this is whether Onana grows in line with his hopes in his interview yesterday on progressiveness. 

If he can blend elements of progressive passes into his game then Kamara comes in 100% to play double pivot with Onana (Kamara is our best outfield player when fit). 

It’s actually McGinn who’s in danger as Youri moves further up the pitch and Rogers on the left. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

The key to this is whether Onana grows in line with his hopes in his interview yesterday on progressiveness. 

If he can blend elements of progressive passes into his game then Kamara comes in 100% to play double pivot with Obama (Kamara is our best outfield player when fit). 

It’s actually McGinn who’s in danger as Youri moves further up the pitch and Rogers on the left. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

If he can blend elements of progressive passes into his game then Kamara comes in 100% to play double pivot with Obama (Kamara is our best outfield player when fit). 

We're not going to need a double pivot in most games.

Maybe in certain big games

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I do, he strolls in and the team is built around him. In my mind our options pretty much all include a match fit Kamara.

• Kamara, Onana as a 2, with 4 attackers ahead of them against physical teams
  • Kamara, Tielemans as a 2 against less physical teams, with 4 attackers ahead of them
  • Kamara as DM in a 3 with Tielemans and Onana against top teams, allowing Tielemans to push forward and support 3 attackers when possible. With McGinn/Tielemans being the battle for starting here. I'd imagine it looks like McGinn for 75mins for his fight, with Tielemans brought on for his guile for the final 20 mins to snatch a winner.
Edited by HalfTimePost

Let's not dismiss the importance of having Tielemans firing on all cylinders going into this season. It's almost like a new signing if you compare it to the Tielemans we had 12 months ago. There were signs at the end of last season and I really hope he can, to some extent, emulate Baileys sudden, positive impact on the team.

He was pure class in the team, midfield seems so much calm and mature when he is in it. Tielemans and Onana partnership is going to be very good for us. Great understanding between the two.

Credit where it’s due he had a good game, but let’s be honest that Wet Spam midfield and press were not present yesterday, nice game to build confidence going into next week which will be a totally different (let’s hope for same outcome) but not many will be as easy as yesterday.. 

as have said millions of times (as have others) you need different players, skill sets for most opposition, it’s a squad game and Kamara will get plenty of minutes when he gets back fit, sometimes with youri and sometimes at his expense. 

Edited by MattVillaPortsmouth

Axing Onanah to the team was inspired recruitment. We’re now great in and off the pitch, thanks to the ultimate brilliant recruitment of Unai by Nas. The upward trajectory continues every week. UTV!!!!!!

12 minutes ago, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

Credit where it’s due he had a good game, but let’s be honest that Wet Spam midfield and press were not present yesterday, nice game to build confidence going into next week which will be a totally different (let’s hope for same outcome) but not many will be as easy as yesterday.. 

as have said millions of times (as have others) you need different players, skill sets for most opposition, it’s a squad game and Kamara will get plenty of minutes when he gets back fit, sometimes with youri and sometimes at his expense. 

Short memory?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â