Youri Tielemans

thejoker

8 hours ago, Andy_10 said:

At the age of 38.

Has he been as good as he was when he was running down the wing at speed, etc for the past 7 or 8 years?

No, of course not. Was he still a top player in the world at the age of 36-ish? Probably.

And that was down to how he adapted to losing his speed.

Obviously he has been on a downward spiral for a few years, but he is nearly 40 years old.

He adapted after his knee injury to be a world class number 9. But even at age 34/35 he just wasn't that good as a player. He could score goals for days but the rest of his game was so poor that he hardly contributed to team success. 

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He adapted after his knee injury to be a world class number 9. But even at age 34/35 he just wasn't that good as a player. He could score goals for days but the rest of his game was so poor that he hardly contributed to team success. 

Im sure that there are many team who would love a world class number 9 who scores loads & does pretty much nothing else.

Don't get me wrong, Im not saying that I love the player, because I don't, & I do understand & mentioned that his overall game isn't as it was when he was younger, but I recognise that he adapted his game along with his physical limitations, partially due to his age, to become a successful player when he was older. 

More successful than quite a few in the world, even when he was at that ripe old age.

And then he went off to retire in a Scrooge McDuck swimming pool of golden coins with his own face on them in Saudi Arabia.

On 18/09/2024 at 09:43, abdulaziz1 said:

To be honest, his improvement is unbelievable. A lot of us doubted him and he earn an apology from us. Hoping to build on from there. 

Never underestimate the Unai factor… it’s what he does and we’ve seen it many times.

Proud of Youri, he is thriving and a compete class act. Vanquished any concerns. Supreme technical player.

Unai always knows…

4 hours ago, Andy_10 said:

Im sure that there are many team who would love a world class number 9 who scores loads & does pretty much nothing else.

Don't get me wrong, Im not saying that I love the player, because I don't, & I do understand & mentioned that his overall game isn't as it was when he was younger, but I recognise that he adapted his game along with his physical limitations, partially due to his age, to become a successful player when he was older. 

More successful than quite a few in the world, even when he was at that ripe old age.

And then he went off to retire in a Scrooge McDuck swimming pool of golden coins with his own face on them in Saudi Arabia.

Sure for teams that are not very good. But you can't be a world class player and not be a value add to the 10 best teams in the world. 

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

How many of these are there?

As the one I saw earlier today had both him and JJ in it 🙄

I guess this must be the official one then,not sure where the other one I saw was from then.

Fair play.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I guess this must be the official one then,not sure where the other one I saw was from then.

Fair play.

You’re right that’s the official one but I’ve seen various football accounts do their own eg 433 and WhoScored.

8 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Sure for teams that are not very good. But you can't be a world class player and not be a value add to the 10 best teams in the world. 

You called him a world class number 9.

Look, the discussion isn't about Ronaldo, I just used him as a point to back up something I was saying.

Swap him with Shearer after his knee injury if you don't like Ronaldo. If you agree with the point after that, then great, if not, then thats fine too.

I am confident with my view on the matter.

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fair play.

Prefer the one with JJ in 😆

"He played in different positions, a number eight or number 10, he was playing well because he is very intelligent. But his best position is number eight. Now, after Luiz has left, the position he is playing with us is where he is feeling better with his capacity and qualities. We are very happy because he is a very good guy, he is a very professional guy, his commitment with his teammates is fantastic and he loves football.

Definitely the more “mature” player, a wise and composed head… great with BOTH feet too 😮

Durability, concentration and fatigue was a concern (lapses early in first season) but he’s allayed those concerns and is thriving now. Is there a manager who manages (inc their personalities, fitness) and improves players aswell as Unai does? Not for me…

I was quite taken aback at how quickly he improved McGinn, for example, early in his reign. 

It’s great to see Youri doing so well and I have faith he can keep it going… we have genuine options in midfield now too so can try to avoid fatigue setting in.

• Like 1

Also… it’s great to see how many leaders and positive personalities we have in the squad.

Youri is another who is captain material imo… but maybe better suited to leading the way through performances on the pitch more than vocally. He certainly leads and controls much of our play.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Also… it’s great to see how many leaders and positive personalities we have in the squad.

Youri is another who is captain material imo… but maybe better suited to leading the way through performances on the pitch more than vocally. He certainly leads and controls much of our play.

Hope you’re pumped for the game my brother!!

UTV

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â