Youri Tielemans

thejoker

11 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

And it's his job to force Emery's hand in terms of changing the system. 

I would also hope a large part of our pitch to him was highlighting the fact one of the best ways to extend a players career is to not be starting 50 games a season. Given he plays pretty much every game for Belgium starting a more reasonable 30-35 with us will help him extend his career into his 30s. He'll certainly get more time as the season progresses as we have to rotate or players pick up suspensions. 

In the system we played today he'd have been very effective in the role mcginn was playing for instance so it isn't just a case of him having to displace Dougie which only rodri would do in world football atm. 

He didn't come here to be a squad rotation player.

Tielemans is more than good enough to be as starter in most premier league teams.

If he doesn't get it here i'm pretty sure he will somewhere else.

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

He didn't come here to be a squad rotation player.

Tielemans is more than good enough to be as starter in most premier league teams.

If he doesn't get it here i'm pretty sure he will somewhere else.

Agreed he didn't come here to be a player who starts 15-20 games like a dendoncker. However I don't see why he wouldn't have come here to have more rest so he's not being worn to the bone and playing through knocks. 

I haven't been impressed by his brief cameos so far, and yesterday when he came on he seemed to be a bit slap dash. But then wallop, two absolutely top class long passes and we've won the game. Hope that gives him the confidence to really step it up with us, I'd be starting him ahead of Kamara the next few games.

• Like 2

I'm perhaps a bit biased as I've liked him since before and appreciate his type of player, but I think he brings an aura of calmness and intelligence to the team. He is a bit slow in transition and in tracking back, but he is very good at positioning and has good awareness. And when it comes to the attacking play he very good in the build up and has a killer pass in him, also as we have seen at Leicester a great strike in him. I'd like to see Kamara or Luiz rotated a bit and let him have a sustained run in the side also staring games. And when he tires big Donk can come on.

• Like 1

He was pivotal to our 2 late goals yday. I think he deserves to start against Chelsea and against the better teams he should probably be in the midfield to bolster it a bit as we need to avoid results like liverpool and newcastle. Him being part of the team dosent automatically mean we sacrifice something in terms of offensive -play either as shown by his amazing vision yday, there was no one else on the pitch, especially without Buendia, who would have the vision to play those balls

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tinker said:

Time for him to start a game, he showed enough in his 30 minutes to warrant it. Start him Thursday for Kamara and bring Kamara back in for Chelsea.   

What has Kamara done recently to warrant an automatic return to the side?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, tinker said:

Time for him to start a game, he showed enough in his 30 minutes to warrant it. Start him Thursday for Kamara and bring Kamara back in for Chelsea.   

I'd play him ahead of McGinn on current form

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Risso said:

I haven't been impressed by his brief cameos so far, and yesterday when he came on he seemed to be a bit slap dash. But then wallop, two absolutely top class long passes and we've won the game. Hope that gives him the confidence to really step it up with us, I'd be starting him ahead of Kamara the next few games.

That's exactly how I saw it. He was rusty AF and seemed to dawdle a bit on the ball - then again we were like statues in the second half until about 75 minutes.
Once he's loose, his passing is absolutely lethal. Diaby tends to read his mind and vice versa. That's going to bear fruit all season hopefully. Torres or Tielemans to Diaby. Goal.

I think that he has done enough to warrant a start next game. If he continues to prove himself in that game I would start him against Chelsea too. I think that he could replace Kamara, McGinn (less so) or Cash/Digne if we change the shape a bit and make it a bit more lobsided.

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

I think that he has done enough to warrant a start next game. If he continues to prove himself in that game I would start him against Chelsea too. I think that he could replace Kamara, McGinn (less so) or Cash/Digne if we change the shape a bit and make it a bit more lobsided.

I could see Tielemans and Luiz on Thursday.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â