Youri Tielemans

thejoker

3 minutes ago, will87 said:

I thought he'd be a starter coming into the season but can see why he isn't currently.

I didn't. Was always squad cover. Was never starting ahead of Luiz Kamara Mcginn who he's the most similar to

• Like 2

I remember a podcast when he signed with a Leicester fan, it mentioned that he used to play every game, but it was thought he always played better with a consistent run of games. Appears that’s true as looked a bit off the pace today. 

He just isn’t going to be able to play that LM position. You saw the difference when McGinn came on. You need someone that can drive towards goal and that isn’t his first inclination. 

Was better once in the double pivot with Dendoncker but the game was effectively killled off by then. 

Reminder that the excellent midfield form at the moment from Luiz, McGinn and Kamara won't continue all season, chances are, and there'll be a need to take someone out for a while. Tielemans quality to put in instead is something I never remember having from the bench in midfield. We've had years of barely any players of Tielemans level starting games and years of that midfield 'conundrum'.

Always tough in a tie thats a dead rubber in a team thats half 'reserve' at a pace that was just getting to the final whistle for the last 30 min or so. Will be plenty of time for him, and imo he's probably the best 'quarterback' type player for Watkins out of all the midfielders with the passes that he tries.

he is struggling to find his rhythm on that inside left position. I watched him closely and he was getting quite frustrated that he couldn't find space and when he did he was often getting caught or turning into the space of our other players. we were immediately better there when McGinn came on - which is interested as he was equally as ineffectual vs Newcastle from there. Takes time

has looked great when in a CM position with dougie/kamara

needs time to adjust

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I didn't. Was always squad cover. Was never starting ahead of Luiz Kamara Mcginn who he's the most similar to

I’d say less ‘cover’ and more ‘rotation’ - I think he’ll start 30+ games this season in all competitions. 

15 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I’d say less ‘cover’ and more ‘rotation’ - I think he’ll start 30+ games this season in all competitions. 

+30 is majority of games all comps. No chance he starts anywhere near the majority if you mean starting 11 not bench

I could potentially see a scenario where he takes Kamara’s place in the starting lineup. Kamara often has a high profile mistake in him and Tielemans has performed at a higher level in his career than Kamara so far, with him being the key player at the heart of Leicester’s period of sustained success.

It’s good competition to have though and hopefully brings out the best in the three of them. 

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I could potentially see a scenario where he takes Kamara’s place in the starting lineup. Kamara often has a high profile mistake in him and Tielemans has performed at a higher level in his career than Kamara so far, with him being the key player at the heart of Leicester’s period of sustained success.

It’s good competition to have though and hopefully brings out the best in the three of them. 

Were a couple of Kamara's "high profile mistakes" due to terrible passes from Martinez? Bar Newcastle game Kamara is streets ahead of Tielemans who actually had his best games for Leicester as an 8 not Kamara role

Edited by Kiwivillan

Tielemans is there as cover and to provide very high level competition to Luiz and Kamara. 

He’ll get plenty of minutes and starts in those positions after the international break and will be a vital player for us. it’s just unfortunate for him that the Kamara, Luiz and Mcginn midfield axis is looking absolutely rock solid at the moment. 

• Like 1

Onr thing a Leicester fan said about him i remember. That he has to play hinself into form. One of the reasons he played so many games.

Also Sexond half when we went deeper and more central he was far far better. Reminded me of Scholes on the left for England  . Totally out of position 

7 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

I think he just needs to gradually play himself to form and fitness he’s that type of player that takes a bit of time to get going.

Agree with this. He's had very few minutes in comparison to Dougie and Bouba, so will be less match-sharp than those two.

Gave the ball away more than he should've, and made a couple of sloppy passes, but he's a very good player. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â