The General FFP /PSR / SCR Financial Regs Thread

Marka Ragnos

One of the things I think we don’t realise is that there are two types of billionaire involved in football now.

One side is wealthy businessmen + private equity consortium type owners (like us, Palace, etc) who have money to throw around, but are restricted in what we can do by FFP.

The other is arms length takeovers by foreign states (Man City, Newcastle, PSG).

The latter have political clout and can bury investigations by going above the authorities’ heads or using limitless pools of resources to bribe, influence, etc - including using their own leagues / airlines / whatever to recoup costs via inflated transfer fees and sponsorships.

The second group won’t get in trouble because they are not private investors, they are here to influence.

The first group, despite our resources, will be held to the rules. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing - clearly if rules are in place they should be enforced. What stinks is that there is this set of teams who can just do wtf they want, and throw us under the bus if we threaten them.

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

One of the things I think we don’t realise is that there are two types of billionaire involved in football now.

One side is wealthy businessmen + private equity consortium type owners (like us, Palace, etc) who have money to throw around, but are restricted in what we can do by FFP.

The other is arms length takeovers by foreign states (Man City, Newcastle, PSG).

The latter have political clout and can bury investigations by going above the authorities’ heads or using limitless pools of resources to bribe, influence, etc - including using their own leagues / airlines / whatever to recoup costs via inflated transfer fees and sponsorships.

The second group won’t get in trouble because they are not private investors, they are here to influence.

The first group, despite our resources, will be held to the rules. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing - clearly if rules are in place they should be enforced. What stinks is that there is this set of teams who can just do wtf they want, and throw us under the bus if we threaten them.

The issue with this is, in most cases the rules are so flimsy (most likely to allow the favoured clubs to get away with things) that the legal teams Nas/Wes have on retainers would eat those charges up for fun 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

The UEFA document posted earlier shows how they will ban it. Swaps or anything swap-like can be done, but money from it just can’t be counted towards PSR.

Then they will get done as stand alone deals. There is no way to stop to clubs trading players otherwise the whole market breaks 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

I keep saying it but the best thing for football in England is to have a wage cap of 70% of turnover. No limits on transfers as long as the fee is upfront. That protects the clubs and allows money to flow through the pyramid and giving a much greater amount of mobility to challenging clubs.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

The UEFA document posted earlier shows how they will ban it. Swaps or anything swap-like can be done, but money from it just can’t be counted towards PSR.

Quite clear that this isn't UEFA trying to protect clubs, but trying to stop any loophole which gives any of the other 'non-elite' clubs breaking into the top tier of football.

11 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Quite clear that this isn't UEFA trying to protect clubs, but trying to stop any loophole which gives any of the other 'non-elite' clubs breaking into the top tier of football.

They can like it or not, NSWE are powerhouses even in a state owned world. The Villa are coming, lock up your daughters 

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The entitlement here is truly breathtaking.

”it’s not fair, why can’t we buy other teams best players whenever we want”

not sure what you lot see, but all i see is....

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, duke313 said:

The entitlement here is truly breathtaking.

”it’s not fair, why can’t we buy other teams best players whenever we want”

Please tell me people are ripping her to shreds about it?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

Arsenal fans seem very upset on twitter over our deals, weird. I'm sure they'd be happy if we sold them Dougie for £49m though. Strange entitled bunch. 

Perfect I bloody love it!! 
means we’re doing our job and obviously striking fear into others with the fear we’re bridging the gap. 

finally got the right/perfect heads running our club. Can’t wait to see they’re butthurt tears come July 1 when we really start ramping things up with incomings 

52 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

Arsenal fans seem very upset on twitter over our deals, weird. I'm sure they'd be happy if we sold them Dougie for £49m though. Strange entitled bunch. 

And said nothing about Chelsea spending £51m on a teenager from Brazil. The hypocrisy stinks.

PS - Anyone remember last year when Spurs deliberately tried to offer Forest a deal that was probably 50% below a fair price because they knew that Forest were struggling to comply with the rules?  Funny that clubs who thought that was reasonable are now "up in arms" about what we are (allegedly) doing!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allani said:

PS - Anyone remember last year when Spurs deliberately tried to offer Forest a deal that was probably 50% below a fair price because they knew that Forest were struggling to comply with the rules?  Funny that clubs who thought that was reasonable are now "up in arms" about what we are (allegedly) doing!

The piss boiling of the scum 6 is magnificent. They fear us

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â