The General FFP /PSR / SCR Financial Regs Thread

Marka Ragnos

I'll guarantee right now if we fail PSR we'll get the biggest points deduction ever recorded. 

City are probably spending more on lawyers then everyone else is on players. 

Aren't most of City's sponsorship deals linked in some way to the owners

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

So is this real?  Sky Sports are showing it as “Breaking News” with their yellow banner!  

What do they think they know that we don’t know?

All I can see is England blah blah

Breakaway league… it’s going to reach a point again where the super rich owners are going to want to get away, not have to ‘worry’ about the threat of relegation and points deductions. Could end up getting quite nasty with the PL in a few years time. 

2 hours ago, Tayls said:

Breakaway league… it’s going to reach a point again where the super rich owners are going to want to get away, not have to ‘worry’ about the threat of relegation and points deductions. Could end up getting quite nasty with the PL in a few years time. 

Let them **** off, it'll be like the wrestling after a bit. Real sport will continue without them 

13 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

I am guessing the Warehouse could be sold.

This is mental. 

Villa (or any football club with nearby land) could literally build a hotel on the site for corporate led business outside of match days and just fill the hotel with corporate bookings with a 50% cancellation 3 months prior.... then just book the whole hotel out and cancel three months out and essentially drive a few million quid from cancelled fees. A lot of which will be pure profit as no F&B or M&E costs will actually impact the event. 

They could also create corporate accounts for so many rooms used per week and then just not fill them....

Mad

4 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Presumably that becomes a legal issue rather than a PL one though.  You can't recognise revenue that you make up.  That's money laundering.

Chelsea aren't recognising revenue that they've made up, and that isn't what money laundering is (making up revenue is fraud, not money laundering). 

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Chelsea aren't recognising revenue that they've made up, and that isn't what money laundering is (making up revenue is fraud, not money laundering). 

You're right, making it up would be Fraud yes, but i feel like what they're doing is money laundering.  They're pumping cash into the business that doesn't belong there. It becomes legitimately there's to spend, even though they shouldn't legally have it. Not sure there is a financial term for whatever it is they're doing, but it's surely not legal. You can't just gift someone 100m, which is effectively what they've done.

Before the PL even consider whether it should be a viable option to them under FFP.

Can someone explain to me why all prem clubs didn’t vote for villas 30m upgrade to ffp?  Do all clubs feel like its an advantage not to help another club even though its cutting their nose off to spite their face?

27 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Can someone explain to me why all prem clubs didn’t vote for villas 30m upgrade to ffp?  Do all clubs feel like its an advantage not to help another club even though its cutting their nose off to spite their face?

It certainly looks like it

Most clubs probably don't have owners willing or able to make such big losses on a yearly basis.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Most clubs probably don't have owners willing or able to make such big losses on a yearly basis.

Most would sell if they got good offer.  Extra ffp would help bump up the price.  Ie Everton. Just surprised nobody went for it.  Would have suited Newcastle for eg

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Football is a sport though not a business. I get what you are saying but people grew up watching football for integrity and not financial management etc.

i agree in principle, but it kinda is a business now isnt it.

ofc its a sport, but its a business as much as a sport these days, and its probably less moral, than moral, i guess its idealism versus reality.

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i agree in principle, but it kinda is a business now isnt it.

ofc its a sport, but its a business as much as a sport these days, and its probably less moral, than moral, i guess its idealism versus reality.

Of course and we are not innocent but nobody grows up to watch football for the spreadsheets and FFP

Diego Maradona and Pele could probably not even spell FFP never mind care about it.......actually Harry Kane might struggle also with the spelling

• Like 2

There needs to be a mechanism for rich owners to spend what they want to spend. Even if it insists on zero or very low debt and means Nas and Wes have to put money in a trust account to cover wage liabilities. 

At the moment it's not saving anyone from anything, it's just a glass ceiling. 

4 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

There needs to be a mechanism for rich owners to spend what they want to spend. Even if it insists on zero or very low debt and means Nas and Wes have to put money in a trust account to cover wage liabilities. 

At the moment it's not saving anyone from anything, it's just a glass ceiling. 

So you are OK with Newcastle potentially winning the league every season?

If the rules only protect the interests of the top teams then we should stop playing by them. Chelsea appear to be bending them with approval from the PL and we should do the same. Exploit loopholes in the short term to bring in extra funds and, even if we get a few points deduction, the benefits of braking  rules outstrip the costs.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â