The General FFP (Financial Fair Play) Thread

Marka Ragnos

30 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm sure I heard the PL get a small percentage of any player transfer. So they are probably shitting there pants of the amount of money coming in this window with all the swaps. They won't wantit to become a regular occurance, even though it's a good way of dealing.

It's important to remember that "the PL" is the 20 clubs. It's not some external organisation like the FA, or the EFL. It's basically some officials the clubs appointed to do the admin and whatnot around all the aspects of PL football - fixtures, commercial, sponsorship of the league, selling TV rights, accounting, referees, stadium rules and all the rest of it. The clubs have regular meetings and talk about if a change is needed to this that or the other, and then they vote on it, and it needs 14 clubs to agree for anything to change.

So the idea that the clubs are somehow scared about the amount of money coming in from this transfer window doesn't stand up. If loads come in, the clubs "transfer levy" fund is better off, and they look good when they dish it out. and if less comes in, they have collectively had to spend less money, so that's good, too and likely reflects PSR compliance is having a positive impact (aside from the amortisation).

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm sure I heard the PL get a small percentage of any player transfer. So they are probably shitting there pants of the amount of money coming in this window with all the swaps. They won't wantit to become a regular occurance, even though it's a good way of dealing.

but that wouldnt change?

these swaps are being written up as luiz moves to juve for £20m + two players but in reality its still going through the books as juve paying us £50m and us paying them 2 x £15m

with what you're suggesting the PL would still get their cut

• Like 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Where was PL last season over valuation of Cole Palmer. Turns out was bargain of the season for 40m odd but why was nothing said then?

It's about transactions where players go both ways. Chelsea didn't swap anybody for Cole Palmer (AFAIK).

3 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

It's about transactions where players go both ways. Chelsea didn't swap anybody for Cole Palmer (AFAIK).

I know Kovacic wasn’t a Chelsea academy player but he went the other way in a separate deal shy of £30m.

Just seen Newcastle tried a swap deal with Liverpool (Gordon for Quansah).

We’ve set a precedent now and others will see the benefit of it. 
Well done Villa for trying out things to circumnavigate the stupid restrictions 

Edited by mikeyp102

The logical end game of FFP is that all clubs will act as businesses. You can already see it in how some teams utilise their stadiums, Spurs being probably the best example with their race track, gigs and NFL games.

Honestly won't be surprised if Man Utd are your landlord in the not too distant future.

Is anyone else surprised that Nottingham Forest didn't sell more players before June 30th (just the reserve keeper Vlachodimos to Newcastle for few mil, far as I can tell)? Surely there's a good chance they get another points deduction next season. Although maybe their demagogue owner is gearing up to the take the PL to court anyway...

EDIT: Looks like they're also selling Niakhate to Lyon.

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

4 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Is anyone else surprised that Nottingham Forest didn't sell more players before June 30th (just the reserve keeper Vlachodimos to Newcastle for few mil, far as I can tell)? Surely there's a good chance they get another points deduction next season. Although maybe their demagogue owner is gearing up to the take the PL to court anyway...

EDIT: Looks like they're also selling Niakhate to Lyon.

They are probably a bit better off now that their championship years are dropping out of their 3 year cycle and they are booking regular Premier League incomes instead.

Â