The General FFP /PSR / SCR Financial Regs Thread

Marka Ragnos

14 minutes ago, villa89 said:

They should do that but in reality the PL want as many rich owners as possible as it brings more of the worlds best players to the league.

It appeared at the time that the league (might have been the FA though) weren't keen for Saudi to take over and only got involved once BoJo stepped in. That might just have been the optics they put out though. 

Bringing it back on topic, it's clear that FFP/PSR needs a review and update. 

2 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Are we the baddies?

I think the is the start of the end for PSR, when accountants and clever shuffling of resources and costs take over the sporting aspect you just know the game is up.

Teams will be selling accountants next 🤣

• Haha 1

Man City = nobody needs to say anything 

Newcastle = Sponsors are related parties and their deals are on high end

Chelsea = Selling hotels to themselves

Everton = were bankrolled by Usmanov who was giving inflated sponsorship

Big 6 tried to create a breakaway Super League

Aston Villa = Sell players before a deadline to avoid PSR

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not saying we're doing anything wrong, but if another club was doing all these deals, half the people on this forum would be fuming about it

True. if it was the big 6 doing this with each other, I’d be pissed right off. Yet, if it was clubs like Everton, Bournemouth, Fulham, Southampton, Leicester. I’d be impressed and think that’s clever

• Like 1

But, if we’re conspiring with Everton to work around PSR, why do they still need to make sales to meet their requirements? Almost as if they identified a player we were happy to sell and we identified a player to sign respectively. There might be a gentleman’s agreement of sort, but nothing to the levels suggested. These sorts of deals are as old as time in football. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Let’s help them out. Surely they have another academy player we could take? 😂

They are reportedly spending 18million today on Ndiaye

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They are reportedly spending 18million today on Ndiaye

Maybe their fine with PSR, and this continued social media push is just to unsettle Branthwaite, as they are desperate for him to sign for United.

Or, Ndiaye is an Onana replacement?

Edited by duke313

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Maybe their fine with PSR, and this continued social media push is just to unsettle Branthwaite, as they are desperate for him to sign for United.

Or, Ndiaye is an Onana replacement?

I think Ndiaye is a winger. Was at Sheff United 2 seasons back 

Also could be Everton still badly managed 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

How much book value foes Onana hold? I guess it would be difficult to push through a sale of him in the next few days anyway though. 

Signed for €35m in 2022 on a five year contract, not sure about wages, so 3 years left roughly €21m.  They would easily get more than that for him.

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

Signed for €35m in 2022 on a five year contract, not sure about wages, so 3 years left roughly €21m.  They would easily get more than that for him.

They would but my point was would it be enough to get them out of their ffp hole. I'm guessing they're pretty well behind where they need to be given they've failed two years in a row... unless it was the year just dropping off that was terrible for them. 

The best example of how messed up FFP/PSR is that both Everton and Forest were handed bigger punishments than any of the club's who tried to break away and form the super league. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Isa said:

Manchester United is my guess

BBC Sport knows of at least one club that is so concerned with the recent swap deals involved in the PSR loophole that it intends to raise the matter with the Premier League

·
Views

I wonder which of the cartel it is?  My guess is United.

If anyone watched the recent Jim Ratcliffe interview with Bloomberg - link here - he basically spends most of it bemoaning that the 'big six' do not have more say over rule changes than the rest of the clubs. He also repeatedly refers to the Premier League as the 'Premiership' and thinks the Premier League is only 15 years old. 

26 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Clubs should file a motion at the next meeting telling the PL to **** off

The 20 clubs are the Premier League… so they kind of have to tell themselves as a collective lol

• Haha 1

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

there’s nothing to worry about. How are they going to prove these transfers were done in bad faith? 

it’s not like their going to find any texts from monchi saying “go on add another 5m on that, to clear our debts” 

I would love them to try. They really open themselves up to major pushback. Was Antony market value? All because United couldn’t bully Everton to lower their demands.

They also approve every transfer so this is all just hot air and trying to cajole clubs to “know their place”. They can’t prove diddly squat. **** em. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â