Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

8 hours ago, Pinebro said:

You can only beat what's in front of you.

And winning games gives confidence, doesn't matter who ut is against.

I think they are a threat. I absoluely do.

If they dig in and get a point at Newcastle or even win there then fair enough, that is a very good result. And also go to Anfield and get a draw. I think aswell they won't beat Chelsea either given that will be end to end game which should suit Chelsea's style.

I think they'll lose both away games comfortably. Also have to factor them likely going out of europe in next few weeks which will impact morale.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TRO said:

shows how much we have to improve to get close.

When we have our dips, like the first 20 minutes, yesterday, city don't......sure City have off days, but their dips are not as low as many other teams.

Despite our phenomenal turn around in form.....there is plenty for us to improve upon, to win over the neutrals.....and media.

I agree we can still improve but as far I'm concerned the neutrals and the media don't matter. Let them wax lyrical about Tottenham and Brighton while we go under the radar.

Edited by villan95
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

av13.thumb.jpg.834c74e82a60c71e4d772dca5a8216ae.jpg

Last season we had 12 points after 13 games, this year we have 28 points. Last year we had 28 pints after 23 matches. We are still on track to get above 2 points per game and get into top 4.

oh I had that many trying to watch Gerrards tactics

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

We can be a bit precious at times as that’s not too controversial. We didn’t play well on Sunday and spurs had a lot of players out. The main thing is we won, but had they had a fully fit team I’m not so sure we would have come away with anything. And away from home all season we have been a bit dodgy especially compared to at home. Let’s see how we do at Bournemouth as I’m hoping for a dominant performance and win against a relegation candidate - however, I expect it will be tight and either end in a draw or narrow win for us. We are unconvincing away from home. 

I do personally think the race for top 4 will be between us, spurs, Newcastle and Man Utd. Unai is either trolling or just plain wrong (or maybe just being wily trying to take the pressure off us) when he says Chelsea have more of a chance than us, they’ll be battling for 9th with West Ham.

Edited by Leeroy
  • Like 3

I do think that our performance at Spurs has been underestimated by the media.

We didn’t play well.

Spurs we’re on the front foot and very hard to play against.

Yet the more the match progressed the more “control” we gained.

It wasn’t pretty but we ground it out against one of our peers in a way that is absolutely needed if you are to succeed in this league.

Spurs didn’t get a result but they are being awarded a moral victory for “trying hard” and being plucky underdogs because of their injuries.

Spurs will be very hard to beat at home this season.

Unai will be very pleased 

• Like 2

Hilarious how we are made out to be the villains because we occupy the 4th spot.

Media can' stop going on about how lucky we are with the high line and that teams will figure us out or we can't cope with it because of Europe.

Feels like most are against us. We need to create a siege mentality. Us against them.

• Like 2

Spurs have been unlucky with their injuries, so have we, but Spurs are only just dealing with using their back-ups - same place we found ourselves right bang at the start of the season. They will continue to be impacted, and I'll judge them on how they deal with that. 

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Spurs have been unlucky with their injuries, so have we, but Spurs are only just dealing with using their back-ups - same place we found ourselves right bang at the start of the season. They will continue to be impacted, and I'll judge them on how they deal with that. 

Well Spurs has the advantage over the rest by not having the distraction of Europe.

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

What a gobshite. We are without Buendia, Mings, Moreno and Ramsey yet are top four.

Yeah no one mentions this. Spurs have most key players for a game or 2. We've got 4 key players who have pretty much missed the season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

One bit that's true is we weren't too impressive up to the Torres goal. I hope our oppositions keep thinking the same way as Jenas.

We ground out a result which we wouldn’t have done before Emery but Spurs were by far the better team imo. It was a frustrating game to watch.

• Like 1