Europa Conference League 23/24

HalfTimePost

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

West Ham have been the lead news item (main news, not sports news) today.  I think that can dispel the theory that this is a nothing competition. 

I wonder however if we'll be the main news item should we win it in 12 months time. 

At least it will move us winning the league title off the front pages :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

West Ham have been the lead news item (main news, not sports news) today.  I think that can dispel the theory that this is a nothing competition. 

I wonder however if we'll be the main news item should we win it in 12 months time. 

Winning it is a decent sized obstacle for us to overcome but that hasn't stopped me from noting the large reaction from the broad stream media and wondering how they'd cover us.  This morning's BBC news' 'live updates', focused entirely on WHU's win, was pinned to their main news page.

There's not many truly neutral fans that wouldn't pick Villa as the bigger club, so IF we were to win it next year, it will be interesting to see how national  the media really is.

• Like 1

London club that's why all the press, guarantee we make the final next season won't be half the press coverage of us there. I'm pleased for West Ham winning it it breaks the norm of the usual suspects winning it & the get to go again in the Europa next season. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frodo said:

London club that's why all the press, guarantee we make the final next season won't be half the press coverage of us there. I'm pleased for West Ham winning it it breaks the norm of the usual suspects winning it & the get to go again in the Europa next season. 

The extent of the media coverage for the Postecoglou unveiling was nauseating as well. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

Perfect example after we won the league by the London centric press 

'Over 10,000 Villa fans welcomed the team as they paraded the league championship trophy'

'More than 200,000 jubilant fans packed the streets of North London to celebrate the FA Cup as victorious Spurs held the famous trophy aloft on an open top bus' 

Glad I have got that off my chest as been bugging me for 40 odd years 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The extent of the media coverage for the Postecoglou unveiling was nauseating as well. 

He may bring loads of cheap Celtic players as well. Clsssic Levythinking. Celtic out classed Inverness Caly Thistle on Saturday but so they should have and Cally stifled them for a long time I don’t see anything from him to worry too much about. He’s much better than the last clown who came down from Glasgow though!

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Perfect example after we won the league by the London centric press 

'Over 10,000 Villa fans welcomed the team as they paraded the league championship trophy'

'More than 200,000 jubilant fans packed the streets of North London to celebrate the FA Cup as victorious Spurs held the famous trophy aloft on an open top bus' 

Glad I have got that off my chest as been bugging me for 40 odd years 

Representatives for Wellingborough the lot of them!

West Ham’s win last night has increased our coefficient to 21.856 - only 0.144 behind Viktoria Plzen's 22.000 (an increase of 0.057) - a Man City win on Saturday might be a good help for us...

Edited by StewieGriffin

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Ironically there's strikes in Midlands broadcasting so we've had the London news tonight instead of Midlands Today. What it does show is West Ham just have a success starved massive fanbase.

If we won anything we'd have a similar number lining Broad Street up to the Town Hall I bet.

• Like 1