Why are there no murals by Villa Park?

The_Rev

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Badge looks a fair bit better in that shade of  yellow. Shame the actual one is in the same shade that the guys west is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yeah like the big picture we had of Jack behind the North Stand?

Exactly what happens when they leave? A big blue dot?

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Exactly what happens when they leave? A big blue dot?

Unless I'm missing something, I'm slightly surprised that is even a concern.

If the player is appreciated enough to have the mural, there's no issue with it remaining after they've left the club.

If it's decided the player left under bad terms, or possibly, is young enough to achieve more against Villa than they did for Villa, the mural is painted over with another player. Why would that be an issue?

22 minutes ago, brommy said:

If the player is appreciated enough to have the mural, there's no issue with it remaining after they've left the club.

If it's decided the player left under bad terms, or possibly, is young enough to achieve more against Villa than they did for Villa, the mural is painted over with another player. Why would that be an issue?

I dunno I have just always thought  for things like this whoever is used should be retired as who knows what may happen in the next few years. I get your point though.

• Like 1

Apart from the weird Emi Neville thing, I think it looks good. I think all three players will be remembered fondly once they’ve moved on, much like the players of the 80’s and 90’s. I can’t see that changing, certainly for Watkins and Martinez, no issues with celebrating them now.

53 minutes ago, brommy said:

No they should get expunged from the records and ignored completely like Orwell's 1984

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

No they should get expunged from the records and ignored completely like Orwell's 1984

The Brönte sisters, painted by their brother Branwell. He was originally in the middle, but painted himself out in a fit of depression. 

The-Bront-Sisters-Anne-Bront-Emily-Bront-Charlotte-Bront.jpg

10 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I think “best thing I’ve ever seen” is pushing it.  I’ve just returned from a weekend in Barcelona and there are a few candidates to displace this mural from the top of the rankings. 😂

Yeah lovely as it is, it’s not exactly the Sistine Chapel, Gaudi’s Cathedral, The Acropolis or Karnak Temple. You need to get out more Justin! 

• Haha 1

Would prefer it to be a mural of true legends. Dennis holding the European Cup, Sid, Sir Brian ,Johnie Dixon etc. No need to paint over those, ever. It looks good for now though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Would prefer it to be a mural of true legends. Dennis holding the European Cup, Sid, Sir Brian ,Johnie Dixon etc. No need to paint over those, ever. It looks good for now though.

This should definitely happen somewhere at VP but, with all due respect to those legendary players, the majority of our fanbase probably wouldn't know who someone like Johnny Dixon even is - let alone know what he looks like.

We've spent far too many years looking back on successes that happened 40 years ago (66 years ago in Dixon's case). It's time to create some new history with the players we have right now.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â