Midweek Football 22/25 May

andykeenan

Brighton have been the better side by a mile, they should be out of sight.

They've completely outplayed what is most likely the best side in the world - and a referee who has been very kind to the money, Gundogan, Lewis and Rodri should all have been booked and he's been generous to City throughout.

You could argue about the one disallowed for handball, they've hit the bar, had one disallowed and scored an absolute belter.

They look very, very good.

On this showing, we could do with Leeds being very, very good on Sunday.

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The point is that he's 18 and playing in the PL

What do you expect him to be doing? There's a misguided expectation that kids breaking through should immediately be doing something special when in reality just being there is special

Hardly any 18 year olds play

Hardly any team can afford to play an 18 year old. 

Man City can, they dominate possession and can easily carry a youngster like this. It's really hard to tell these youngsters real quality when they are playing with KDB and Haaland. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Brighton have been the better side by a mile, they should be out of sight.

They've completely outplayed what is most likely the best side in the world - and a referee who has been very kind to the money, Gundogan, Lewis and Rodri should all have been booked and he's been generous to City throughout.

You could argue about the one disallowed for handball, they've hit the bar, had one disallowed and scored an absolute belter.

They look very, very good.

On this showing, we could do with Leeds being very, very good on Sunday.

Yep, come on Leeds! Helps us out please. 

We are capable of beating Brighton, but the levels of confidence I’m seeing from fans makes me uncomfortable. It’s going to be a hard afternoon. I just hope the poor version of Brighton turns up, not this one. 

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Yep, come on Leeds! Helps us out please. 

We are capable of beating Brighton, but the levels of confidence I’m seeing from fans makes me uncomfortable. It’s going to be a hard afternoon. I just hope the poor version of Brighton turns up, not this one. 

They'll be tired with nowt to play for. Well be at home with 7 wins in a row with everything to play for. Under any other previous manager, I think I would have already give up hope, with Emery, I think we've already got it. 👌

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

We've been calling Leeds and there fans words removed all season. Now we want there help. 😆

They’re still words removed. We could just breathe easier with a Spuds loss. If it was possible for them both to lose, that would be the preferred outcome.  

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We've been calling Leeds and there fans words removed all season. Now we want there help. 😆

They can still beat spuds and still get relegated🤞

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Brighton are very much up and down. If tonight’s version turn up on Sunday we’re probably doomed, but there’s a good chance it’ll be an inferior version.

I can almost guarantee they won't be on it like this on Sunday. They are tying to prove something here, an get that point.

Although making changes like they are saving themselves.

Just now, Django_Zooms said:

Brighton will be way more relaxed on Sunday than tonight. And with FIVE recovery days less than Villa.

Agree, also if it stays like this, no need to risk an injury playing a hard game.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â