Midweek Football 22/25 May

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I mean, it's working, a point at SJP is a good result, but yeah, I can't recall seeing a more negative performance between 2 PL teams since Derby County, this is **** horrific and they deserve nothing.

But it's not like some solid defensive performance, it's just shit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

But it's not like some solid defensive performance, it's just shit.

Yeah, I can respect a team who grind out a much needed point through a solid backs to the wall defensive performance. This isn't what's happening. Leicester are an absolute **** shambles from front to back and Newcastle just can't score. 

They're so shit I almost want Newcastle to win.

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

I don't see the point in it, Leicester have a better goal difference than Everton anyway, draw doesn't really change anything

they might as well kitchen sink it

Yeah i agree  ladt 10 mins go for it

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

They are currently out of the European positions 

If inter win coppa Italia, 7th gets ECL. And even if Fioretina won the cup, if they also win the ECL they'll not need entry via cup, so cup spot would presumably go to 7th

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I don't see the point in it, Leicester have a better goal difference than Everton anyway, draw doesn't really change anything

Well, Leicester getting a point means that Everton need to play for a win still.  If Leicester lose, Everton just need a point.

(Obviously Leeds in there too)

• Like 1

I don’t get the mentality behind this performance. They needed a win. A point changes nothing.

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The only benefit is if they win on Sunday then an Everton draw would be enough to keep them up.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim said:

Christ this is horrible. 

I'm pissed off watching this at home as a neutral, can you imagine driving from Leicester to Newcastle and booking tomorrow off work for this shit? 

1 minute ago, jim said:

I don’t get the mentality behind this performance. They needed a win. A point changes nothing.

A point does change something.  Everton can't just play for a draw.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Point is to stop the rot and gain some sort of confidence before final day.

Just now, Davkaus said:

I'm pissed off watching this at home as a neutral, can you imagine driving from Leicester to Newcastle and booking tomorrow off work for this shit? 

Thing is a point is no good. I don’t get it. I’d rather, if it was us we went down with a fight. 

A point is still a much better result than a loss, if you work through the possibilities for not just Everton but also Leeds.

And the home game vs West Ham is surely more winnable.

Having said that, I don’t think Smith is playing for a draw at all. He’s playing for a very undeserved 1-0 counter attack against run of play.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â