Nico Williams

RicRic

My concern here is that signing a star winger from another European league can be just signing Leon Bailey… but I have almost* full faith in Emery so I’d be very excited by this despite never seeing this guy play that I’m aware of.

(*I have full faith in him in everything apart from signing Pepe for Arsenal, and it sounds like he wanted Zaha instead)

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Marca saying he'll decide after Spain internationals. He has a new contract offer and has the offer from Villa.

Why would he wait until then, he isn't in the squad because of injury.

• Like 1

One thing I don’t understand about transfrer windows is this idea that the second the window opens, club approach who then have this huge decision to make. 

I know it’s not allowed, but we all know that targets we’re probably contacted months ago. 

Just heard on TS that “talk sport understands we are interested in Williams”

Can probably file it under nonsense now. 

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

One thing I don’t understand about transfrer windows is this idea that the second the window opens, club approach who then have this huge decision to make. 

I know it’s not allowed, but we all know that targets we’re probably contacted months ago. 

I think anyone that signs for anywhere today absolutely won't have made the decision today.

Why the club wouldn't choose to announce it if they'd signed but not registered though, not sure 🤔

Edited by MrBlack

13 hours ago, osmark86 said:

Have bids been prepared?

Dubious but maybe legitimate IT(un)Ks onboard?

Flight paths registered and airports stalked?

I’m not sure we’ve even handed anyone a ‘war chest’ yet!?

£42m seems the number (50m Euro) and I would assume that'll be something like 36m + 6m add ons. Buendia was 33m + 5m.

7.5m euro salary is about £125k putting him on par with the top earners. If he progresses as a player he has a big sell on value. His annual cost to Villa in fee amortisation and wages would make him our most expensive player in squad cost. 

I like the right footed winger, add to Bailey who is left footed and we've that mix. 

I've always liked this link because of the huge potential in Williams and that the top clubs need performers now not potential and can't wait for 2 seasons for this player to be top class. While for us he can grow with the project.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â